ECU reflash

Fair enough. All the reviews say  "the snatchy throttle response has been smoothed out." However none I can find  say that 15-20% has been taken off the top end. Why tell us one without the other? If you are going do reduce the top speed that significantly, you think it might be something people want to know before they buy, right?

You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't think many people share it. 115mph is way faster than I'll ever go on this bike, that's instant loss of bike and license right there. Almost 200km/h in Canada. Is it even limited in Canada? Sometimes limits are country dependant.  
Anyway, Yamaha doesn't compare these two bikes, besides explaining the parts they share. Only the reviewers draw direct comparisons. Don't blame Yamaha because reviewers say FZ-09 a lot when they talk about the bike. 

Canadian bikes are for sure....I rolled mine up to 190kmh indicated on the dyno and it rolled right over.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For street riding I wont go over that speed 115mph. However, I would like to take it to the track occasionally. And I've had dirt bikes that are faster at half the cost. 
Just sayin'
Yeah.  I once owned a Suzuki GS500 racebike that I paid $500 for several years back.  I think that bike would hit somewhere around 120 mph.  Would be a bummer to get passed on a straight by a $500 GS500...

Fair enough. All the reviews say  "the snatchy throttle response has been smoothed out." However none I can find  say that 15-20% has been taken off the top end. Why tell us one without the other? If you are going do reduce the top speed that significantly, you think it might be something people want to know before they buy, right?

You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't think many people share it. 115mph is way faster than I'll ever go on this bike, that's instant loss of bike and license right there. Almost 200km/h in Canada. Is it even limited in Canada? Sometimes limits are country dependant.  
Anyway, Yamaha doesn't compare these two bikes, besides explaining the parts they share. Only the reviewers draw direct comparisons. Don't blame Yamaha because reviewers say FZ-09 a lot when they talk about the bike. 
   And you are entitled to your opinion as well sir.
     If the speed limit on this bike was 100kph would you have bought it then? What about 120kph...that's a ticket? You never go that fast right? Why would anyone need faster?
   Some are comfortable with a top speed in that range. I however am comfortable with the top speed around 135-140mph which from all indications (a significant amount of time researching) is what this bike should have done out of the box. Which is why I bought it.
     I'm just sayin' some of us would like to take our bike to the track. At this speed limit the bike will cut power before I reach the end of a quarter mile. And the track....forget it? I've had a dirt bike that's faster.
   Is there some reason the consumer isn't allowed to know the top speed of the bike they are about to spend thousands on? I mean why the secrecy? I can't be the only one who wants/needs to know the top speed of any bike I purchase regardless of its category/class. Come on. Do we buy a bike based on just a word like "sport-touring" or "duel-sport" or "adventure" without actually knowing what the performance numbers are?
I read this bike was going to do it all out of the box better than the competition for a better price. Well it may do it all when you take it out of the box and throw another big pile of $$$ at it to reprogram the computer. 
   Anyhow I'm done beating the horse to death. If you don't agree with me that's perfectly fine.
   Just saying I'm disappointed.

Reply from 2WheelDynoWorks.

Thank you for the email. Yes, we will be completing the flashes for the FJ09. We just need an ECU and a bike to test with on the dyno and confirm the changes are perfect. Are you in the Seattle area where you could leave your bike with us? Anyone in the Seattle area willing to leave their bike will get a full custom tune for free and future tune license. Please post this option for everyone to see. It will expedite the process of getting the bin files perfect. Thanks, Nels 425-269-5332
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Thank you for the email. Yes, we will be completing the flashes for the FJ09. We just need an ECU and a bike to test with on the dyno and confirm the changes are perfect. Are you in the Seattle area where you could leave your bike with us? Anyone in the Seattle area willing to leave their bike will get a full custom tune for free and future tune license. Please post this option for everyone to see. It will expedite the process of getting the bin files perfect. Thanks, Nels 425-269-5332

so, does he want to become a supporting Vendor and offer discounts to the members? If I am to help him find a test bike, I'd at least like to hear from him.

so, does he want to become a supporting Vendor and offer discounts to the members? If I am to help him find a test bike, I'd at least like to hear from him.

Ok, just got off the phone with Nels and, he wants to be our supporting Vendor! I am going to create a board just for 2wheel dyno works and find him a bike to wrk with in Seattle! The solution is in the works, boys!!

• Premium Member
Ok, just got off the phone with Nels and, he wants to be our supporting Vendor! I am going to create a board just for 2wheel dyno works and find him a bike to wrk with in Seattle! The solution is in the works, boys!!
Now your cooking with fire. Thanks. :) 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

FJ-0920ECU_zpsy361v147.jpghttp:FJ-0920ECU_zpsy361v147.jpg 
Does this help?

email that pic to
2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com
see what we get for a reply
NO.  You have to remove the gas tank.  The ECU is on top of the air box under the gas tank.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
email that pic to 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com
see what we get for a reply
NO.  You have to remove the gas tank.  The ECU is on top of the air box under the gas tank.
I, as well as others, figured out that was the antilock controller days ago, but I was too lazy to take off the tank and post another picture. So, since you found it, take off your tank and post a picture. Better yet, you are in Washington, take your bike in for the reflash and tune so we can all benefit? What says you? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I, as well as others, figured out that was the antilock controller days ago, but I was too lazy to take off the tank and post another picture. So, since you found it, take off your tank and post a picture. Better yet, you are in Washington, take your bike in for the reflash and tune so we can all benefit? What says you?

I already have a thread going looking for a test bike for them in Seattle.

I also talked to Nels to offer up my bike, but he indicated that he first needed the ECU out of the bike for a week to 10 days, then you can ride the bike in for final tuning.  At that point final adjustments would be made and then the mapping would be complete.  I estimate it would take three weeks.  If you live in Seattle, that could happen in about two weeks.  Need someone in Seattle to offer up their ECU for 10 days. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I also talked to Nels to offer up my bike, but he indicated that he first needed the ECU out of the bike for a week to 10 days, then you can ride the bike in for final tuning.  At that point final adjustments would be made and then the mapping would be complete.  I estimate it would take three weeks.  If you live in Seattle, that could happen in about two weeks.  Need someone in Seattle to offer up their ECU for 10 days. 

I have a separate thread going looking for a donor bike in Seattle.

Archived