Question about Shad SH36 side cases

• Premium Member
...My last bike had hyperlites that were connected to the brake circuit and flashed under braking. They went when I sold the bike, though, and I've been trying to come up with relatively-non-tacky ways to get a little more visibility from the rear on the FJ. I've got he grey/black model and it really disappears at night....
...here's what I just added to my bike... bright as hell and looks pretty clean IMO (might install a modulator at some point). I too was concerned about brake light visibility, especially after I'd installed the SH48 top case. I have also turned my rear signal lights to act as running lights. I will post details tomorrow.
I put a set of front turn signal running lights (actually just the socket and wiring) in the rears (required soldering extensions and adding the running light power wire connected to an ignition on circuit), and a pretty bright "Night Rider" illumination pattern LED strip around the edge of the Shad top case rack (I have the SH46 along with the SH36 side cases).  I also installed extremely bright amber LED side marker lights that are powered by another ignition-on circuit and twin LED driving lights mounted to the Givi case guards.  I have another auxiliary LED brake, running, turn signal module I'm going to mount to the underside of the Shad top case rack.  I need to take some pics of the lights operating...and the GPS, cell phone mount, radar detector, throttle lock, USB power port, KTM hand guards, etc. 
20160904_183157.jpg
20160905_154833.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Measured.... about 39". Get a spare set.  :D
It's too expensive. And I'm not talking about cases now :)  
I just bought used Tracer. It has 3P mounts but no cases. I understand that 39" is to much... I will think how to make it narrower. Its possible to cut several centimeters like this Honda owner did http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/7489-modified-mounts-for-shad-sh-36-panniers/

Need to find an idea. Cause I don't like central cases at all :(

I don't think several centimeters will make the difference... maybe so. I know they are expensive and dont have as much capacity, but the OEM city cases might be the way to go. Also, since the FJR cases use the OEM mounts they might be slightly narrower.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Archived