New FJ-09 Rider In Idaho

Hello Everyone! I finally made the swap from a sportbike (been riding one since 1988) to the FJ. My husband made the swap in April but I was skeptical I could have have something powerful, nimble AND COMFORTABLE. I rode his a few times and was hooked! Seriously--I love this bike!!! Who knew you could have it all? Already have a small 850 mile trip to Lolo Pass and Montana planned next month to really check out the capabilities. Got all the hard bags, heated grips, touring windshield and the usual tail clean-up mods. Looking for other ideas such as best highway-peg hacks, best full helmet communication set-ups, best GPS mounts, best medium to large size tank bags (either magnetic or gas tank ring mounted) etc. I've been on a sportbike so long it will be nice to not ride with a crammed backpack and stuff strapped to the tail! Looking forward to hearing other FJ owner stories!

Previous bikes: 1988 Kawasaki EX500; 1994 Kawi ZX-6R; 1997 Kawi ZX-6R; 1999 CBR 900RR; 2009 Kawi ZX-6R

• Premium Member
Welcome aboard, I'm sure you will love your new FJ-09, lots of great information here on the site, so poke around and enjoy......

Archived