Loose throttle grip with heated grips

before i installed the heated grips, the throttle was fairly tight, there was little play side to side.  after installed the heated grips, now i have about 1mm of play side to side.  everything is installed correctly and the throttle actuates as normal, but the side to side play is very annoying.  it's like there needs to be a thicker spacer between the grip and throttle assembly or between the grip and hand guard bracket.

anybody else notice this?

Mine is stock, no heated grips and I have side to side play and need to find a remedy to it.
"I live at the end of a 1-way dead end street"

15' Yamaha FJ-09 Matte Grey - Current
04' BMW M3 AW/BLK 6MT Slicktop - Current (Daily)
89' Mazda Rx7 Black/LS1 6MT - Current (Track car)

i'm probably going to remove the hand guards, so maybe i'll try to find a spacer or something to take up the extra space to reduce the play. I find the sloppy fit king of annoying. when you are moving your bike around the garage, it is especially noticeable.

Isn't the switch pod/throttle housing moveable on the bars, at least a bit? There's a locating pin to keep it from rotating but I think it can be moved around on the bars a little (once the bolts are loosened). Of course you don't want to make the throttle tube fit too tight or the throttle will bind.

Archived