Bar buzz like a bi***, Solutions?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm tempted to do this myself (since in Socal those handguards are mostly just extra weight) except today I clipped a rear view mirror while splitting lanes and was very happy those handguards were there to protect the brake lever or my knuckle or whatever else would have otherwise made contact with that mirror at 40 mph.   
I guess you wouldn't have this problem in Florida cuz yeah... Y
You can still do the BB's
I was thinking about it but how much do they end up weighing? Is one tube of bbs enough to fill the whole handlebars?

• Premium Member
You can still do the BB's
I was thinking about it but how much do they end up weighing? Is one tube of bbs enough to fill the whole handlebars?
The one "tube" or bottle that you see in the picture is more than you need. On my stock bars I used about 2/3 of a bottle. My driveway has a slight incline. I placed the bike so that the handlebars had a maximum angle (high end to low end) that I could get without laying it down.
I slowly poured the bb's in, stopping to tap gently on the bars with a rubber mallet. When the bars appeared to be "full" I tapped some more...
I made sure not to over fill them. I didn't want to compress the bb's in the bars....
Whole thing took an hour, with a beer break..... 
If you don't like the results, Loosen the bars pour the bb's into a bucket and your only out $3 or so....
I have no idea what the added weight is... If you have postal scale or something (grocery store produce scale?) you could weigh the bottle before and after and then you'd know....

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Received the vibranators today and had them in in about 30 minutes.
Now, if these dadgum fires would just die down and the smoke would clear a bit I would try them out.

Let’s go Brandon

Vibranators worked well for me in the last 3 bikes I owned, FJ 09, 2006 Harley Sportster, 2005 Ducati Multistrada. Only downside is the cost and occasional delays in getting them.  $3 of BB's may work for you, might as well try that first.

• 1 month later...
I cannot get any links to Vibranator to work, any idea?? 
Late summer i recall they told a member the " vibranators " are a non profit item and will stop making em but will honor current/backlogged orders..
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived