2016 FJ-09 in Charlotte NC

I'm picking up my FJ this week. Very excited. I'm currently on an 1100 lb Harley and can't wait to hit the twisties on this 470lb machine. I'll start searching through the threads to see what I need to do to upgrade and better the performance. I did get hard bags and heated grips which I will be installing this weekend. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'm a new FJ owner too.

My case is a tad extreme as I'm leaping forward 37 years in motorcycle technology from a 1979 Yamaha XS650.

I'm so thrilled with the bone stocker, I can't imagine shelling out money for "improvements".

Well, maybe that seat...

• Premium Member
Agree with alejandro! Although most find the seat less than comfortable, it is usable for short/medium rides. Take a look around the forum and you will find lots of ideas and get a sense of what most riders felt were good upgrades.

and Welcome, glad to have you with us......

• Premium Member
Welcome! I'll be in Charlotte next week on business. Alas, I don't think "Intermediate Car" will get me an FJ from Avis.

Any must see things or cool shops in town?

Thanks for all the responses. Hopefully I get it today. Already have a trip planned to go to Little Switzerland for lunch on Sunday. Lots of awesome roads. I'll know after that ride if the seat needs help. I've ridden many many miles on a 2014 KTM500EXC with a very narrow seat so this stock should be fine. I'm concerned with all the videos about wind noise. Most of the complaints have been from 6' and taller riders. I'm 5'9" so hopefully not an issue. Keithu, Charlotte's uptown night life is one of the best kept secrets around. Too many restaurants and bars to mention. Some of the most beautiful women as well :)

Archived