• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

FJ-09 handlebar part number

I recently lowsided my FJ and snapped the handlebar. I have been looking online at parts fiches and can't seem to find a part number for  the stock handlebar anywhere. Anyone know where I can find and buy a stock bar, or know of a good alternative? Renthal has some but they seem to come in different sizes...

Thanks?

I recently lowsided my FJ and snapped the handlebar. I have been looking online at parts fiches and can't seem to find a part number for  the stock handlebar anywhere. Anyone know where I can find and buy a stock bar, or know of a good alternative? Renthal has some but they seem to come in different sizes... 
Thanks?
We've got a FZ-09 set of bars coming in on Monday, so "should" have a stock handlebar for sale next week. PM me if interested and I'll let you know if you don't mind waiting til next week. 

Not to thread jack, but what's the difference between the FJ and FZ bars, and do they fit without modification? I would love to find something lower and more forward.
As mentioned, FZ bars are 29" wide vs 31" for FJ bars with a different sweep/bend. All the handlebar controls on both bikes are the same, they come pre-drilled and pre-tapped on the ends. You need a FZ clutch cable as the FJ cable will be put under in a bind (worse than it already is).FWIW FZ-09 bar end weights fit on either bar (obviously), but if you want a heavier bar end, find a pair of used first Generation FZ-1 bar end weights, 2001-2005. They thread right in, but are pretty stupid expensive new. 

• Premium Member
Not to thread jack, but what's the difference between the FJ and FZ bars, and do they fit without modification? I would love to find something lower and more forward.
As mentioned, FZ bars are 29" wide vs 31" for FJ bars with a different sweep/bend. All the handlebar controls on both bikes are the same, they come pre-drilled and pre-tapped on the ends. You need a FZ clutch cable as the FJ cable will be put under in a bind (worse than it already is).FWIW FZ-09 bar end weights fit on either bar (obviously), but if you want a heavier bar end, find a pair of used first Generation FZ-1 bar end weights, 2001-2005. They thread right in, but are pretty stupid expensive new.
Bruce could you take a picture of the FZ09 handlebar next to the FJ09 handlebar to display the sweep and height? 
I too am interested in using a less wide handlebar.

Bruce could you take a picture of the FZ09 handlebar next to the FJ09 handlebar to display the sweep and height? 
I too am interested in using a less wide handlebar.

Will first of next week. 

Archived