Oh, you live in Florida, you get to ride all year....

• Premium Member
Yes and no. With temps and humidity pushing towards 100 degrees from 12:00 noon till 4:00 to 5:00 pm and then in the high 80's in the evening, I ride from 5:00 a.m. till 10:00 a.m. And then 7:00 pm till .... It's just to darn hot to ATGATT and sit in traffic. Just not good at all. This year has been especially hot. Can't wait for fall....
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I work 12 hour shifts. The 4.30 am ride is perfect. The 4.30 pm ride is very hot. I won't ride without full face helmet, gloves and armored jacket. It's just too hot this time of year for a nice midday ride. I'm ready for summer to end.

• Premium Member
Exactly... Most people have no idea.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Exactly... Most people have no idea.
I was in France last week with 10 others. One of my 10 friends is from SoCal. He is retired and keeps an R1200GS in storage in Heidelberg in Germany and comes over to Europe for 6 or more weeks most years, when it is too hot to ride in SoCal. He's currently riding down through Italy, heading for Sicily. It would be very hot there for me but to him it is just a bit warm...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Just to rub salt into the wound.

Catastrophic home AC failure. Won't be fixed until Tuesday or Wednesday. Just shoot me. :(

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

It gets that hot, and hotter, in ottawa, ontario.   I always ride atgatt too(mesh gear in summer) .   
I do have to admit it isn't comfortable, sitting in rush hour traffic, and that even when you are moving in temperatures that high  it's  still damn hot with the breeze through my mesh gear that hot.
but i wouldn't say it is  "too hot to ride in traffic". 
I guess it depends what one is used to, and what ones body is able to withstand. - last year we had a heatwave with the temps after humidity in the 45+degrees celcius for a while. (113+ Fahrenheit).   I couldn't do it.   My KLR was unhappy and was getting vapour-lock even despite the fan running non stop.   
My brother though, he was fine in his solid (non mesh) textile gear.    He'd complain he was sweaty but was otherwise unaffected by the heat. 

Current Ride - 2003 Kawasaki KLR650

• Premium Member
I bought from Cycle gear the keep cool undergarments.,the t shirt helped. The shorts some help. The keep cool head gear didn't. Much better than cotton because cotton absorbs sweat which leads to monkey butt. The keep cool material doesn't absorb sweat. Either way with the temps we're having its just riding with a hot blow dryer in your face. Early morning and at night for me.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
4668020.jpg

I just noticed that the UV index here is already at 12 this early in the day, I work outside a lot and have been seeing this happen much to often lately. Most of the charts only go up to 11 so they'll have to modify them soon like they did with the planting zone maps recently.
BLB

I also live in Florida (Saint Petersburg area) rode about 6 hours today haha.
"I live at the end of a 1-way dead end street"

15' Yamaha FJ-09 Matte Grey - Current
04' BMW M3 AW/BLK 6MT Slicktop - Current (Daily)
89' Mazda Rx7 Black/LS1 6MT - Current (Track car)

• Premium Member
Real feel at almost midnight 90* You guys up north. Give it a rest. For the record. In the shade on my covered patio.
20160710_162340_zpscg8zunyt.jpg

• Premium Member
Real feel at almost midnight 90* You guys up north. Give it a rest. For the record. In the shade on my covered patio. 20160710_162340_zpscg8zunyt.jpg
LOL, and that's exactly why I *don't* live in Florida. ;)
It's a pretty comfortable place all winter long.... Halloween to mid May-ish. No too hot, not too cold... Not a lot of decent roads though... 

Im pretty sure those that have not been in Florida during the summer have no idea how hot it really is. With high humidity 94 feels like 110. The sun is so intense it just cooks you.I haven't ridden the bike there yet. I am still debating riding in Florida at all. The worst drivers in the US must be in Florida. I have seen stuff there driving that is just mind boggling.On the highway (I 75 or I 10) They will tail gate at 100+ mph. Triple lane changes are the norm.You really have to watch the rear view mirror just to make sure they just dont run you over.Roll over accidents are common place. Its the only place I have seen the electronic highway signs post what they call a silver alert its posted to help find senior citizens that got lost on the way to the grocery store.

I had to look up sugar loaf mountain.Its all of 312 feet above sea level. Its got to be one degree cooler way up there. Im back in Colorado now I rode up to conifer yesterday at 8000 feet altitude it was 66 degrees Fahrenheit.

Archived