Took a little spin, CA to NY, and back...

gst95dsm

Being from NYC we are totally used to tourists clogging the works :)

I did a x country in 2009. Did the northern route and looped the Great lakes with stops in Vermont and NYC (I live in Oregon now).

I dream about another loop frequently. Good for you for making it happen!

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I did a x country in 2009. Did the northern route and looped the Great lakes with stops in Vermont and NYC (I live in Oregon now).

Thanks man,  It always bothers me to have an idea,  and not pursue it.  In my twenties I had all the time in world it seemed, (to wait),  now in my mid 30's I can see,  I need to start getting these things done,  and add more.  I definitely can see how this kind of trip wouldn't be for everyone,  but I'm SO glad I did it.  

• Premium Member

;-|  Really???  

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

What an epic trip!! Greatly enjoyed the read and photos, thanks for posting. Fellow Michigander here, only about 30 minutes from Bright Power. Glad to see the trip went well.

Mike
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

;-|  Really???
Nope, nothing worth seeing in NYC  B-|
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Fantastic trip! Really enjoyed the narrative and the pics. Glad that you didn't run into unintended adventures :)

Inspiring bro...one of these days, maybe I will take off. Never done long distance on the bike though. Before that, maybe I should learn how to pitch a tent...:o

• Premium Member

Woah.  I'm from Bayonne NJ, so maybe, at one point, we lived across the river from each other... and we still do.  I live in Vancouver WA now.  :)

• Premium Member
Really enjoyable report, thanks for posting! It reminded me of my first big motorcycle trip back in 1990. I took 25 days leave from the Navy and rode my Katana 600 from SoCal all the way to Minnesota to visit my mom and family. Like you I mainly focused on burning up the miles but had a great time. I learned a lot!

Thanks for the kind words fellas! Today was my first day back to work, and I told the story all day to my curious coworkers. I think it finally set in just how awesome a 650 mile day on the bike was/is vs. clocking in for the day!

Archived