• Premium Member
Can't speak about flash tune.com as I used 2wheeldyno, but Nils level of personal customer service and product can't be beat. Very happy with the process and result.

• Premium Member
surlyman - My guess is that they both use software that has the ability to make the same (or similar) changes to the operation of the bike. I think the biggest difference would be the time they spend figuring out what changes work best for each bike. When I had mine done by 2Wheeldyno, Nels spent a bunch of time asking me what I wanted, and then walked me through all the settings. He let me know what things I could change down the road, and explained some of the settings I wasn't clear on.

FYI, I'm local and was able to bring my bike into his shop to have this done, but many others on the forum have shared similar experiences with Nels and his customer service. As with anything, you can always find someone who will do it cheaper, and if you know exactly what you want changed, that may be fine. For me, I was relying on Nels to help me figure out what changes I should make, and then make the changes.

You can also purchase the software and do it yourself, but that requires that you understand the impact of all the changes you are making. In the end, I relied on Nels expertise, and the positive feedback he receives on this forum, and I was not disappointed.

Hope this helps.....

• Premium Member
My results with 2wheel dyno might be different. I got 8hp increase over stock when I rechecked the dyno. I called 2wheel dyno over concerns because I didn't feel the claimed effects of the fuel cut removal. They were not in a hurry and went spent as much time on the phone with some good ideas about throttle sicn and adjustment.
Then I ordered the Graves exhaust and sent the ECU back in to 2 wheel dyno. Total cost for me was $14 shipping both ways. Since I had contacted them before with the above concern, they called me personally and said they would go over the ECU top to bottom.

OMG!!! 2 wheel dnyo recommended the Graves for sound and performance. The CUSTOM MAP THEY DEVELOPED is spot on. In the 1st and 2nd gear the front tire lifts at will. In fact, somewhere around 9k in second gear I have to lay on the front end to keep from going over. At every rmp this pipe sounds amazing.

So, in a nut shell, total value and customer service make 2 wheel dyno the obvious choice. On other bike threads there have been situations where the ECU didi not survive the reflash and the vendors refuse to accept responsibility.

I will post my updated dyno sheets after I get the Garves rechecked. Right now I'm to busy blasting on the Hooligan bike.

Dennis, near Chicago

OMG!!! 2 wheel dnyo recommended the Graves for sound and performance. The CUSTOM MAP THEY DEVELOPED is spot on. In the 1st and 2nd gear the front tire lifts at will. In fact, somewhere around 9k in second gear I have to lay on the front end to keep from going over. At every rmp this pipe sounds amazing.

So, in a nut shell, total value and customer service make 2 wheel dyno the obvious choice. On other bike threads there have been situations where the ECU didi not survive the reflash and the vendors refuse to accept responsibility.

I will post my updated dyno sheets after I get the Garves rechecked. Right now I'm to busy blasting on the Hooligan bike.

Dennis, near Chicago
I got the graves with the 2 wheel dynoworks flash too! Its a great combination. Here's the thread I posted on it: http://fj-09.org/thread/1856/graves-exhaust-installed-dyno-run

• 1 month later...

Dennis, near Chicago

I got the graves with the 2 wheel dynoworks flash too! Its a great combination. Here's the thread I posted on it: http://fj-09.org/thread/1856/graves-exhaust-installed-dyno-run
Ha! I just sent 2 wheel dyno an email asking which exhaust they'd recommend with their flash, and now I find this post. So clearly the Graves. I have a question: Is it just great sound or is it crazy loud? I don't want to wake up my neighbors every morning. I live in a condo association, and need to avoid complaints. I won't be revving the engine in the community or anything, so my guess is it shouldn't  be a problem, but thought I'd ask first. How is it at start-up and low revs? Also, I've seen some exhausts shooting flames, and I don't want that. Is that solved with ECU tuning by 2wdw?

Ha! I just sent 2 wheel dyno an email asking which exhaust they'd recommend with their flash, and now I find this post. So clearly the Graves. I have a question: Is it just great sound or is it crazy loud? I don't want to wake up my neighbors every morning. I live in a condo association, and need to avoid complaints. I won't be revving the engine in the community or anything, so my guess is it shouldn't  be a problem, but thought I'd ask first. How is it at start-up and low revs? Also, I've seen some exhausts shooting flames, and I don't want that. Is that solved with ECU tuning by 2wdw?
It's fairly loud. Definitely not the loudest thing out there, though. You can always put the baffle in to make it a little quieter. It's also not raspy or "buzzy" so I don't think it's obnoxious at all. I haven't received a noise complaint yet...

Archived