Heads-up On Sargent seats!!!!

My new seat fits both high and low settings.  It seems many people struggle with getting all the pieces right when moving the seat up, or down.  Be sure you adjust, EVERYTHING, including the plastic piece between the seat and frame, to make everything fits correctly. 

Ride Safe! 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought a Sargent seat during the sale/free shipping promotion. My first ride was short, less than an hour, and I liked the seat. I also didn't have any problems with the OEM seat for short rides.

Today, I finally got a chance to do a longer ride (6 hours) with the Sargent seat. I had issues. I've read where is slopes forward, and I can confirm this is an issue, at least for me. When I was done riding, my shoulders were sore from pushing myself back over and over. Also, when sitting on the front part of the seat, the edges cut into my inner thigh.

If I could keep myself towards the rear of the seat, in the sweet spot, the seat was fairly comfortable. I called Sargent, with the initial intent of returning the seat for a refund, but after talking with Scott, he said they could add more foam in the nose and shave the edges. Cost would be $90 plus shipping. I sent it back for rework and will post an update after it returns.

Received my Sargent seat(front & rear set), and installed them on my FJ.

Is it normal that the front seat seems very loose at the rear latching area, more so even than the stock seat?
(I put it in the low position.)

As the bike is still in storage, I haven't ridden it with the new seat.

Is it normal that the front seat seems very loose at the rear latching area, more so even than the stock seat?

My sargent fit snugly. 

My sargent fit snugly.
I'll have to check, I may not have had the seat pan protrusion in the "low" hole. 

• 2 weeks later...
I got my Sargent seat a while back and I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with the seat in the "high" position moving around in the back. Yes, there is a tab that is supposed to ride in a slot on the bike ( like the stock seat ) but it appears that the Sargent seat moves enough left/right that it is constantly "popping" in and out of the slot. It's annoying and it startles me when this happens, mostly in turns ( not good ) when I would be shifting my weight in the seat. I've shaved the tab a bit but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone else having this problem?

I got my Sargent seat a while back and I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with the seat in the "high" position moving around in the back. Yes, there is a tab that is supposed to ride in a slot on the bike ( like the stock seat ) but it appears that the Sargent seat moves enough left/right that it is constantly "popping" in and out of the slot. It's annoying and it startles me when this happens, mostly in turns ( not good ) when I would be shifting my weight in the seat. I've shaved the tab a bit but it doesn't seem to help. Anyone else having this problem?
I keep mine in the low position no issues.

Obviously make sure everything is lined up as it should. Goof luck on finding a resolution.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

When mine is in the lowest position, it is actually less comfortable than the stock seat. No noise or movement in the lowest setting but, unfortunately, it's not a fix option. I've trimmed the tab a little more which helps but does not eliminate the problem. May grease the tab and see if that helps.

Archived