A bunch of tracers

• Premium Member
I like their handguards better than my goofy OEM ones.
Man, what is with all the hate on the hand guards?  I think they make the bike look awesome.
I didn't hate them but they had to go due to being impractical - I ride all year in British weather and like to fit bar muffs from about Nov-March to keep my hands warm & dry on my commute. Even my ADV bike Tucano Urbano R319 muffs designed for bikes with monstrous barkbusters would not go over the Tracer's unconventional hand guard cum aerofoil. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Reasons to remove handguards:

1. The handguards make the bike at least 3 inches wider, which is an issue where lanesplitting is legal.
2. Also, I think they are funny-looking.
3. Also, some folks suspect that they adversely affect the aerodynamics of the bike at high speeds (100+ mph).

I removed them for reasons 1 and 2, and replaced them with OEM FZ-07 bar end weights (although you can hardly call them weights).

• Premium Member
All good reasons I guess. I have GIVI luggage which is slightly wider than the handlebars (with guards), so I use the guards for judgement when lane splitting. That's another thing I don't understand. Why is everyone in a rush to hit 100+ MPH on these bikes? I mean, if I'm going to spend 10K on a bike and want/need to his 100 MPH, this wouldn't be my first choice. You can pick up a Kawasaki Z800 brand new for only $8K and that will hit 155MPH.

Side note, I hate to think about this, but I'm up to $12K with all the farkles an upgrades.

Was it just me, or did you guys hear a few CCT's chattering away there in that posse of FJ09's...:)

And I think France needs to roll a few of the larger SUV's into a few neighborhoods for live round training.. but the Germans in Munich might beat them to that move...

Back on topic, that was a very cool deal, many of our bikes in a parade, and yes, the red things were fire extinguishers I think. (Not our faster red bikes, as noted, the French bikes in the parade were all blue.)

Another thing I noticed, is they were having no fun going that slow. They must need to re-flash all the ECU's or install 02 sensor foolers from Kevtex. ;) Then the FJ09 loves to just putt putt around at low speed, no problems.

@adjuster: Your quip about live round training came off as racist. 
I'd also like to recommend a movie you might like: "Banlieue 13", known in English as "District B13".

QFT, advocating "live round training" in any neighborhood isn't in the spirit of the motorcycle community, or this forum.

Man, what is with all the hate on the hand guards?  I think they make the bike look awesome.
I didn't hate them but they had to go due to being impractical - I ride all year in British weather and like to fit bar muffs from about Nov-March to keep my hands warm & dry on my commute. Even my ADV bike Tucano Urbano R319 muffs designed for bikes with monstrous barkbusters would not go over the Tracer's unconventional hand guard cum aerofoil. 

I cut u the spine from a old set of bark busters and mounted the oem hand guards to them, about 2-3 inches narrower and I've made them so the muffs fit under the guards as well.

Not racist, I've lived in Iran, and Saudi where I was very much the well mannered guest in their countries. It's too bad that those visiting the countries of others, such as France, Germany ETC... don't often lately extend the same good behavior that I did while I was in Iran and Saudi.

And nobody else could hear the CCT noise from the large herd of FJ09's that rode by? Most of it was music to my ears, the CP3 engine is a gem, but there were a few clicking CCT's in there too.

Hard to hear over the horns, but it's there.

And just to make sure I'm not bending anyone's nose here, I love everyone, and there are good people in every place on this planet, and I've been to more places than most folks in my life so far. But there is also evil, and to not call out what's evil is akin to condoning it.

And I don't condone evil.
Period.

Evil is driving a truck though a crowd of people.
Evil is beheading those you don't agree with over religion.
Evil is blowing up innocent women and children.
Evil is not calling EVIL, EVIL.

Good?
Good is helping those you can.
Good is living in peace with your self, neighbors and even those you don't like around you.
Good is teaching love, respect and then practicing those things.

I'm on a bike thread having this conversation with you because I think to ignore evil, or when I'm told to shut up about evil, that I'm not doing what I should to spread love in this world.

You don't win over evil by being silent. Evil can call me Racist. Evil can call me whatever it wants.

But I'm here to tell you I'm not evil. I support ANYTHING and ANYONE who is spreading love, tolerance and human rights around this world. I don't care what race/sex/color/whatever you are, if you are evil, I'll call you out, and if you call for me to be banned for saying the truth, who's the evil one here?

That's how millions died in Germany under Hitler. Nobody had the gumption to call it evil when it could have been stopped. It took years of war, and the deaths of many good people to stop evil that time.

What's it going to take this time around to stop evil in our day and age?

I see a thread here about our motorcycles in a parade with French Military vehicles. They are celebrating their freedom. Their good things in life. Right now, evil is attacking that freedom. It's attacking the human rights and liberty that the French provide for all in their society.

A famous quote is something along the lines of: "For evil to triumph, good men need to remain silent."

Archived