my forks are spooging.

and it's not your typical fork seals either...  first the right fork, then the left fork started leaking fork oil from the dampening rod bolt at the bottom of the fork..  i'm guessing i've been harshing it's mellow with far too many two up wheelies.  both bolts are tight. 

anyone know if a Super Tenere set of forks will fit this beast? or am i gonna need triples for it as well? i also plan to put a new rear shock in... i need more ride height! MOAR!

thanks! 

don't mind the scratches on the hub...that was just my dumbass putting on the wheel backwards a few months ago and rolling it forward about 8 inches. haha. "what the hell is it stuck on?!" *thud*

i-s7pLg33-X3.jpg

There's quite a few threads over on the Suspension section you might want to peruse. There's supposed to be a copper crush washer under the bolt. I can't imagine how that could possibly leak even if constant wheelies unless something broke. So there's no oil anywhere further up from the axle?

The shiny stanchions are 41mm. That dimension "doesn't matter" so much as the 2 mounting diameters of the upper tube and of course the distance from axle to triple clamp at full extension. The FJ's forks can be lengthened somewhat and for a lot less money than getting triples, wheel and axles to match. Have you confirmed all of the other parts from the SuperT are compatible?

There's quite a few threads over on the Suspension section you might want to peruse. There's supposed to be a copper crush washer under the bolt. I can't imagine how that could possibly leak even if constant wheelies unless something broke. So there's no oil anywhere further up from the axle? 
The shiny stanchions are 41mm. That dimension "doesn't matter" so much as the 2 mounting diameters of the upper tube and of course the distance from axle to triple clamp at full extension. The FJ's forks can be lengthened somewhat and for a lot less money than getting triples, wheel and axles to match. Have you confirmed all of the other parts from the SuperT are compatible?

Thanks! I'll look into it!

Archived