FJ-09 Rider North Georgia

philkin

Active rider looking for other riders in Atlanta and north Georgia.
Am long time MSTA member, a nation wide, rider's group. Been riding for many years
and just switched to the new FJ-09. Better riding weather is approaching. Hard to find a better
area to ride in, including: N. Geogia, SC, NC, TN, AL Appalachian Mtns., all within an hour or so reach.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in Chattanooga and spend most weekends around The Skyway and Deals Gap. Sometimes I drop down to Fort Mountain area and surroundings, I would like to ride Blood Mountain so maybe we can get together this spring and summer.

Since I am retired I can ride most anytime. US 129 over Blood mountain is treacherous right now. Came over it on the FJ on Feb. 27th and it was covered
with sand from the snow storm , like to froze up there, The weeks, up till then it was pretty clean. I ride all those areas you mentioned all the time.
Tellico Plains is a good place for lunch and a place to get together some day.

Guest bmidd
Sounds like a plan! I just got home from Woodstock, I rode mine to Traxxion so they can work their magic on the suspension.

• 1 month later...
We have a group headed to Suches this weekend. 4 FZ-FJ's plus around 35 assorted other bikes. Staying at the High Valley airport houses. Come find us... Ask for Calhoun. We have several Ga based members of the Floribama Riders.

• 11 months later...
I just picked up my new FJ and live near Jasper.  Givi engine guard is on the way and moved some other farkles over from a wrecked Vstrom (stupid uninsured cager!).  I'm posting so I can start keeping up with other North GA FJ owners.  

I'm south of Atlanta, but will be making a few trips to your area this summer.. I will message you when I get some dates.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
I'm planning on heading to the North Georgia mountains from Florida later this month. Any suggestions on good riding roads? I'd like to avoid the super slabs and bypass Atlanta. I've been up to the Blue ridge parkway several times on my other bikes and want to experience N. Georgia.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
new member i live in Dahlonega and ride blood atleast once a week.ive got 145,000 miles on my st1300 riding up and down the parkway to Dahlonega and every side road between.Anyone want to ride  hit me up on email (northgacabinetry@gmail.com) Greg.the fj is my light version of a sport tourer
stealth.jpg

stealth.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived