• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What bike did you have previously, and why did you change?

Guest reeseyboy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I added the FJ09 to the stable. I have a 1976 XS650C I bought new with money cutting lawns at 17 yrs old. I also have a 2010 Ural Gear up w/sidecar. A tool for every job. Love my new FJ09 but hands down the Ural is still the most fun. It's like driving a tractor that can do 60 MPH.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
I sold my SV650S when I got the FJ-09. The SV was a great bike, but I wanted something a little taller, so my legs weren't so cramped and something with fuel injection. I was tired of waiting for my bike to warm up while everyone I ride with was ready to go. I don't regret my choice. The FJ has been a blast, so far.

1986 Yamaha Fazer 750cc I was the third owner and it had just over 80,000kms on it.
(Previous owner had done a custom orange/cherry red paint job to it)

Upgraded after 4 years of owning this as my first bike. Wanted something more modern and comfortable for longer distances.

thats crazy... I still have my Fazer along with my new fj-09! :) 
oh.. and my 2007 s2r1000

love them all, although the fazer is starting to get worked on more than I ride it, but I have owned it for almost 20 years now and cant seem to get rid of it! :) 

Previously had a Honda Crosstourer, great bike but waaay too heavy to push around manually, as already said by Reeseyboy loved the look of the Tracer and put a deposit down 3 months before it was released in the uk took delivery March 1st 2015, still lovin it ;)

My first bike was a Honda 750 Nighthawk. It was a great bike but had none of the modern features such as EFI, ABS, traction control, etc. The next bike was the Kawasaki Concours. It had most of the modern rider aids, but after 2 years, I decided it was too heavy.  Along came the FJ and I bought the first one my dealer got in (red). I have totally enjoyed it and can't imagine what could more completely meet my needs.

Sold a Ninja 1000 with ABS for the FJ. Still have other sportier bikes, but the FJ fills the sport touring niche for me better than the Ninja did. Still have GSXR 750, R1, Mille R and an RC30.
You have a Honda RC30....I hate you! :-)
Don't be a hater!   :D   I bought it new in 1991.  49K miles on it and an antique plate now.  I told my wife (who has ridden it quite a bit) that I'd keep the miles low. Oh, well.  Still worth more than I paid for it. 

• Premium Member
While it isn't sold yet, my knees forced me to stop touring on a Triumph Daytona 675 and get the FJ. Listen to your knees my friends! I save so much money not guzzling Ibuprofen now. ;>)
Cheers
4733865.jpg

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

I'm new to bikes. My first one, which I still have, is a 2016 Indian Scout ABS. Love the bike, but when my buddy had me ride his FZ-6, I knew I wanted something that could wind up high and free. Looked at a used FZ-09 but put off by all the bad press. Loved the FJ from the moment I read about it. Had to have it in candy red, so got a new (3 miles on it) '15 at a great price from the local Yamaha dealer. Love both bikes, they're as opposite as can be in every way, except that they're both great to ride. Would say though, if I could only keep one it would be the FJ. Wins out for being faster, better cornering and less "fixes" needed to the stock bike. Scout needed 5k more to get it damn near perfect as it can be. FJ needs something--don't know what--to fix the Death Wobble. Considering a stabilizer bar...? Suggestions welcome.

Omar

I got an FJ09 almost a year ago. It replaces a 2002 Kawasaki ZX9R and a 2008 BMW R1200GS. I wanted to go back to one motorcycle and the FJ is in between of the last two. Although sometimes I miss the ZX9R. Also previously owned a Suzuki DRZ400S and a Kawasaki ZR7S.

Archived