What bike did you have previously, and why did you change?

Guest reeseyboy

Guest reeseyboy
New to the forum!  
Had a 2010 Aprilia Tuono before the Tracer. Loved it, was awesome, but yet completely useless for going anywhere. I do miss it though! I'll have another one day!

4AB38E6F-E450-4D2C-962A-1FF509409ED6.jpg
I have always fancied a Tuono, especially one of the more recent V4 bikes. Nice. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New to the forum!  
Had a 2010 Aprilia Tuono before the Tracer. Loved it, was awesome, but yet completely useless for going anywhere. I do miss it though! I'll have another one day!

4AB38E6F-E450-4D2C-962A-1FF509409ED6.jpg
I have always fancied a Tuono, especially one of the more recent V4 bikes. Nice. 
One of those things you have to try mate! 

If i had the room for 2 bikes id of kept it, but as an only bike it was just too impractical. 

Ace things though. The V4's sound lovely but always looked cheaply put together compared to the Vtwin models imo. The Gen 2's have nice little touches on, where as the V4's dont have that, they sort of look like they could be made by Honda in places :D

• 1 year later...

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

The 2 bikes that I had before the FJ was a 1996 ZX11 Ninja with handle bars and a 2000 ZRX1100 "Eddie Lawson" Replica with ZX11 cams in it. Yes, I miss the outright HP but I am enjoying the heck out of this ultralight flickable bike I have now. Yes, I would love a Tuono V4! The weight of an FJ and 175 RWHP......can I get an A-Men? Come on now.....don't you keep telling yourself to slow down?

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

I had a Triumph Sprint ST1050 which was a lovely bike for 'two-up' loaded touring, the triple engine was fantastic and sooooo smooth. Once SWMBO decided that she was done with the foreign tours I couldn't see the point of the heavy bike for solo touring so looked for something lighter, test-rode a FJ-09, loved it and ordered the GT900 (might as well have the latest model if I can).

5_C_SPain_Trip_2014_025.jpg

Sprint_Pics_014.jpg

Still got a Honda VFR750 FN (1992) which doesn't get used, probably be selling that sometime soon as it has sat in the garage for 2 years just taking up space.

VFR750_FN.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Went from (6th bike) a 2006 Suzuki SV650S (which I did several SERIOUS upgrades), to the (new) 2017 FJ-09. While the FJ no longer looks the same as it did the day I bought it (engine guard bars, side luggage, dual-tone air horn, etc), here's a photo of what the SV looked like the day I bought it, as well as what it looked like when I finally sold it (to thew dealer as a trade-in).

1_-_Old_Old.jpg

2_-_Old.jpg

Vulcan Classic 900. I changed because:
- it was too heavy
- riding position was affecting my tailbone area
- it was too heavy
- it was loud
- it was too heavy
- it had lots of understeering
- it was too heavy
- it had no ABS/TC
and it was too heavy.

Otherwise it was a good bike.

I have a 2015 WMX mini dirt bike, converted to supermoto, added lights and a battery, and converted to make it road legal. Its a fun bike but more than 80 miles on it kills my backside.  And it only gets 50 miles to a tank of gas.  I still have it for tearing around town, but the FJ was bought so that my wife can ride with me and I can tour solo for longer distance.
IMG_20180318_165420896.jpgIMG_20180318_165411349.jpg

Vulcan Classic 900. I changed because: - it was too heavy
- riding position was affecting my tailbone area
- it was too heavy
- it was loud
- it was too heavy
- it had lots of understeering
- it was too heavy
- it had no ABS/TC
and it was too heavy.

Otherwise it was a good bike.

Was it heavy then?  :D:):D

Immediate predecessor was a 2012 Honda NT700VAA, the first new bike I bought since 1984 when I bought a V65 Sabre than I had for 23 years. I cursed both of them ,as they both were only US Models for 2 years. The NT700 was the Honda Civic of motorcycles, boring as hell. Interestingly I put my longest mileage day ever on that bike, 1200 miles.  It was competent in just about every way but never got into my sould
deals_gap_042911.jpg

Archived