Rockies Ride and Deer-Crash

redfjniner

redfjniner, that looks like it should buff right out. Might need a good buffer, but it looks like it held up well...now if your body will react the same and buff out too! Do what the Dr. says. They do have some expertise in this area. Motoprimo has a brand new shiny red '15 on the floor if that one does get back to being as shiny as you wanted.

Update on my condition: All the bruising, swelling, hurt is gone, and I am back to normal. Riding my FJR now.

The bike's condition: In the garage and going to be fixed. Estimate to fix the FJ was $6900 plus change. Allstate would have totaled the bike, but I asked if they could lower the estimate cost to be just below their 'total' number. They made the amount $6550, and fixable. Since there wasn't any frame, swing arm, engine damage, or scratches, thanks to the Higdonian engine cage. I figured it would be fun to re-assemble the bike with some new parts. I will reuse some the parts that were added to the est., like the tank as all it needs is some touch up paint as the main scratches are under the plastic cover on the right side, and the right front fork which got a scratch between the tripple trees, which you can't see anyway. I will get a new VStream windshield, and Ohlin rear shock and front fork cartridges out of this and still have some change left over. My only delima is the Meter Assembly (insturment panel) as it works on the left side, but is intermittent on the right side, so I don't know if a new one will work or not. It could be in the wires or the control switch. I will get it all back together and test it then.

4766950.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Update on my condition: All the bruising, swelling, hurt is gone, and I am back to normal. Riding my FJR now.  
The bike's condition: In the garage and going to be fixed. Estimate to fix the FJ was $6900 plus change. Allstate would have totaled the bike, but I asked if they could lower the estimate cost to be just below their 'total' number. They made the amount $6550, and fixable. Since there wasn't any frame, swing arm, engine damage, or scratches, thanks to the Higdonian engine cage. I figured it would be fun to re-assemble the bike with some new parts. I will reuse some the parts that were added to the est., like the tank as all it needs is some touch up paint as the main scratches are under the plastic cover on the right side, and the right front fork which got a scratch between the tripple trees, which you can't see anyway. I will get a new VStream windshield, and Ohlin rear shock and front fork cartridges out of this and still have some change left over. My only delima is the Meter Assembly (insturment panel) as it works on the left side, but is intermittent on the right side, so I don't know if a new one will work or not. It could be in the wires or the control switch. I will get it all back together and test it then.

Im glad you are recovered.  I had a zero mph tip over over four months ago and managed to have my ankle under (a heavier) bike and am still recovering from the break.  My first real bike related injury. 
I'll be very interested in the details of your suspension upgrade and how you like that and your new windscreen as compared to your last one.

• Premium Member

Glad to hear it!
Rebuilding the FJ could be a pleasant winter project.

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• 2 weeks later...
Hey "redfjniner" were you able to locate this part for you bike "Cover A UR FOR DRMK PART #: 2SC-84196-10-00" anywhere? Its the RED painted fairing piece that goes directly above the headlight, I looked everywhere and I cannot find a single place that has the red one available, only Gray ones I see available, did you locate them from your dealer or online? Its the only part I'm struggling to find after my spill.

Archived