So I went to pickup my new FJ-09 (and it did not end well)

• Premium Member
Wow... never seen something so freakin' crazy as that. How the heck did it even hit at the exact angle to puncture the oil pan?!?!

Because it was pissed off at him for running over it.
BLB

Oh bummer. I am sick for you.   A long time ago I was moving (pushing) a brand new bike in my garage onto my lift with the kickstand down.  I know better than that and it ended up on the right side on the garage floor.  I instantly was soaked in sweat and was like Holy F^%$!!  Luckily bike was fine with the exception of a few scratches but I didn't even have it titled yet.  So on some level I feel your pain.  :'( :'( :'(

I had a similar experience a few years ago when driving an SUV on I-75.  A pickup truck was in front of me and a 2 X 4 fell out of the bed. I couldn't avoid running over it.  The lumber flipped from under my vehicle, went airborne and impaled the windshield of the car behind me. It narrowly avoided striking the passenger, but still caused many facial lacerations from the shattered galss.

I had a similar experience a few years ago when driving an SUV on I-75.  A pickup truck was in front of me and a 2 X 4 fell out of the bed. I couldn't avoid running over it.  The lumber flipped from under my vehicle, went airborne and impaled the windshield of the car behind me. It narrowly avoided striking the passenger, but still caused many facial lacerations from the shattered galss.[span]    [/span][span]    [/span]

Ouch! Thank God no one was hurt!
2015 FJ-09 Matte Grey (Sold!)

• 1 month later...
Meant to do an update on this... the dealer did install the newer style oil pan. There was no other damage. Still an expensive repair for a few minutes of enjoyment... :) But at least I got the new style pan now, and I hope no more badlucks until I get rid of the bike in a few years :D
2015 FJ-09 Matte Grey (Sold!)

Archived