New Corbin saddle

• Premium Member
I had to refoam to the softer gel foam Corbin offers. After 6 thousand miles the Corbin was uncomfortable after 80 miles or so. Big difference with the softer set up. My butt couldn't be happier...
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• 1 month later...
After spending time with the Corbin seat I can definitely give it two thumbs up. Wish I had ordered it sooner.

Echoing the comments from previous posters... The leather has a very nice feel to it. Certainly an improvement from the stock vinyl. Works beautifully with Kevlar jeans. I do slide a bit with textile (at least the Aerostich Roadcrafter 3). That is slightly annoying but a minor penalty to pay.

The comfort is great. No sore spots, though I haven't ridden more than 4 hours straight on it yet. The heat is also much appreciated. I have never had a motorcycle with heated grips and seat and it makes rides in the 40s and 50s much more comfortable.

The seat is also much more secure than stock. The original seat would wiggle a bit as I shifted around. Not to the point of being dangerous but annoyed me by how cheap it felt. The Corbin is secured in place rock solid. The downside is as a one piece I have to unlatch the whole seat to get to the battery tender.

TLDR
Love: Heat, leather quality, long distance comfort, secure latching

Downsides: Textile slides a bit, heavier, have to unlatch the entire seat rather than just the rear to get to my battery tender cable

Overall: Highly recommended!

The downside is as a one piece I have to unlatch the whole seat to get to the battery tender.
Have you considered letting your tender cable dangle outside the seat slightly, then you could access it easily. A dealer in Temple City added that to all the bikes he sold when I got my Concours 14, and it was really handy and not a problem at all. 

• Premium Member
After spending time with the Corbin seat I can definitely give it two thumbs up. Wish I had ordered it sooner. 
Echoing the comments from previous posters... The leather has a very nice feel to it. Certainly an improvement from the stock vinyl. Works beautifully with Kevlar jeans. I do slide a bit with textile (at least the Aerostich Roadcrafter 3). That is slightly annoying but a minor penalty to pay.

The comfort is great. No sore spots, though I haven't ridden more than 4 hours straight on it yet. The heat is also much appreciated. I have never had a motorcycle with heated grips and seat and it makes rides in the 40s and 50s much more comfortable.

The seat is also much more secure than stock. The original seat would wiggle a bit as I shifted around. Not to the point of being dangerous but annoyed me by how cheap it felt. The Corbin is secured in place rock solid. The downside is as a one piece I have to unlatch the whole seat to get to the battery tender.

TLDR
Love: Heat, leather quality, long distance comfort, secure latching

Downsides: Textile slides a bit, heavier, have to unlatch the entire seat rather than just the rear to get to my battery tender cable

Overall: Highly recommended!
I have the same seat. I love it. I've made two 1,100 mile weekend trips to the Smokeys on it now, and no soreness either time. I couldn't be happier with it.  

The downside is as a one piece I have to unlatch the whole seat to get to the battery tender.
Have you considered letting your tender cable dangle outside the seat slightly, then you could access it easily. A dealer in Temple City added that to all the bikes he sold when I got my Concours 14, and it was really handy and not a problem at all.
I routed it like that at first but found it either would dangle out and annoy me from an aesthetic perspective, or I could tuck it in and have a hard time getting it back out again. There may be a spot this would work and I just haven't found it yet. In the meantime unlatching the seat isn't that big a deal.

Also, the more miles I put on the seat the more impressed I have become.

• Premium Member
Wow. My experience with Corbin has been the exact opposite. It arrived ripped, it high centered on the electronics for the heating element, and I had to call my credit card company for protection because it's been a month and I can't get them to send me a FedEx label to RMA it. 2nd worse company I've ever dealt with, just behind Comcast.

IMG_20161018_150338.jpg

I would find that unacceptable as well.

Fortunately my experience was the seat shipping earlier than estimated, arriving well padded/protected in the box, and fitting perfectly.

I considered the Sargent options, just couldn't get over those "wings" on the side.

• Premium Member
Wow. My experience with Corbin has been the exact opposite. It arrived ripped, it high centered on the electronics for the heating element, and I had to call my credit card company for protection because it's been a month and I can't get them to send me a FedEx label to RMA it. 2nd worse company I've ever dealt with, just behind Comcast.
...shocking given the money involved. I am eyeing the Sargent ahead of next season instead.
Filed a complaint with the BBB today, as well as disputed the charge on my credit card.  I've called them, been put on hold four times for OVER 20 minutes each time with no one picking up the line.  I've sent numerous emails to the "sale rep" with no response.  Tired of dealing with these people.

• 2 years later...
On 8/12/2016 at 4:25 PM, 502mad said:

I can understand what you mean as far as aesthetics, however, I actually think the mass of the seat balances the bike front and back.... But, like everything.......... beauty is subjective. I do prefer the one seat pan. It solidifies the feel and like others have said.... makes you feel more connected to the bike. I use the FJ for Sport Touring with a greater emphasis on Touring so the Corbin is perfect for me. Its 34 degrees today with a humidex of 41 soooooooooo not exactly trying out the heat yet.  

Hi, Does the Corbin seat keep in place without feeling you’re sliding forward into the tank ? The stock seat make me feel like I’m leaning forward. I’m considering the Corbin Thanks, Mike .. 

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Premium Member

I have a  black leather Corbin that  fits the  FJ09.   Wish it would  fit my Tracer but it doesn't.  I would  sell it for $200, you pay shipping.  Non heated.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, fjray said:

I have a  black leather Corbin that  fits the  FJ09.   Wish it would  fit my Tracer but it doesn't.  I would  sell it for $200, you pay shipping.  Non heated.

PMed!