• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cruise Control User updates?

Hey all,
I'm actually a member of the FZ forum but am crossing here hopefully for some cruise control owner updates. I know quite a bit more FJ owners have installed cruise versus FZ owners. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on the cruise and would likely make a day of it and ride up to Brandon Distributing in Elk River, MN and have Joe (the designer) install it. I just want to hear if their are any reliability concerns/issues before I pull the trigger. Can't think of a better way to put the cruise to use with a 300 mile ride w/out and a 300 mile return trip with :). Thanks for any of your thoughts.. troop

• Premium Member
I've had mine installed all summer and absolutely love it! Installation was easy enough, though I wish a couple wires were a little longer. The system holds speed very accurately,and lets me focus on the surroundings instead of the speedometer.

I did a coast to coast during July and the cruise control is a life saver on a long ride.  The only issue I have is that you do have to be careful when disengaging to match throttle a bit or you get a bit of a jerk when you cancel.  It would be neat to have a cancel cruise button, but I don't see where it would fit nicely.  I highly recommend this unit.

• Premium Member
I did a coast to coast during July and the cruise control is a life saver on a long ride.  The only issue I have is that you do have to be careful when disengaging to match throttle a bit or you get a bit of a jerk when you cancel.  It would be neat to have a cancel cruise button, but I don't see where it would fit nicely.  I highly recommend this unit.
"Cancel Cruise" button would be the on-off, but then you'd have to hit on-off and set again. 
Yeah, just like a car cruise system, if you disengage without matching the throttle the vehicle will slow down abruptly. It's simply exacerbated by the greater engine braking of the motorcycle.

I'm totally enjoying the CC device on my FJ-09. Never thought I'd use or love it so much!
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
Does anybody have pictures of the switches for it?
Here is how I installed my switches4745804.jpg 
  I have the led on the right  bar where it shares the bracket with my Denali light switch.  No photo of that apparently.  Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Here is how I installed my switches  I have the led on the right  bar where it shares the bracket with my Denali light switch.  No photo of that apparently.  Cheers
Awesome, thanks! 

• Premium Member
Here it is with LED installed. I've got "Set" at the bottom and "Resume" at the top simply because that's how it is on my Toyota, and it places the wires inline with the others behind it down low. 
IMG_1079.JPG
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Is anyone using this cruise control unit with an aftermarket tail light? If so, any issues? Thx
The Motorcycle Cruise Control from Australia specifies stock or LED tail lights. I have the Custom LED tailight package and the MCC, and no problems.  

Archived