FJ-09 FZ-09 Throttle Body Sync DIY Video

nsmiller

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
I made a DIY video of how I performed the break-in throttle body sync at 750 miles for your viewing pleasure.
Thank you for this video! I did the throttle body sync today, plus sparkplugs and clutch cable in about three hours. The tips in this video were helpful in making me work more efficiently.

One change: I found it wasn't necessary to disconnect the fuel line and electrical connector from the tank. I disconnected the two vent lines, placed some towels and a 2x6 on the tail and simply spun the tank around.

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Did mine today, thanks, the video helped a lot.
Heh, I started my 4K maintenance yesterday.  Not in a big rush, so I'm using the downtime to also clean the bike top to bottom as I disassemble the biker upper.  Everything is apart and  cleaned, probably get the throttle body and spark plug gaps done this week sometime. 

Did mine today, thanks, the video helped a lot.
Heh, I started my 4K maintenance yesterday.  Not in a big rush, so I'm using the downtime to also clean the bike top to bottom as I disassemble the biker upper.  Everything is apart and  cleaned, probably get the throttle body and spark plug gaps done this week sometime. 

I'm working on doing a 4K maintenance video. The big items get their own video. Items like steering bearing torque, oil change, TBS, and spark plugs. Other smaller items like inspection of hoses and brakes for safety will be included in a general 4K maintenance video once its all finished.

Thanks for the video. It made the job easier.Just over 6000 miles and mine were in spec. Made a couple very small adjustments. I'll show my age by showing off a set of Vac gauges I picked up when I worked for Honda Of Tampa. The tube style came out shortly after I got these.
IMG_1954.jpg

• Thumbsup 1