Conti Motion tires

• Premium Member
Thought about them as I like Conti tyres, having used the Road Attack before on my R1150GS

A friend has the Conti-motion on his ST1300 Pan Euro and seems to like them.

They seem to be quite a bit cheaper compared to PR4, Angel GT, Sportmax etc.

I'll get another set of Avon Storm 2 of they are still £150 a pair but would consider the Contimotion if the Avons go up in price.

Let us know how they go.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Thought about them as I like Conti tyres, having used the Road Attack before on my R1150GS 
A friend has the Conti-motion on his ST1300 Pan Euro and seems to like them.

They seem to be quite a bit cheaper compared to PR4, Angel GT, Sportmax etc.

I'll get another set of Avon Storm 2 of they are still £150 a pair but would consider the Contimotion if the Avons go up in price.

Let us know how they go.
Competition Accessories has them on a flash sale right now $145 for the pair to the front door and I couldn't resist. After 4600 miles on the OEMs, I still have tread left. They won't do if a long trip comes up though. Will keep you posted with my impressions of the Contis. 

Just got a set and was wondering if anyone else has tried them, and if so what is your opinion of them?
I had Conti RoadAttacks on my '08 FZ6 and loved them.. so much so that I will be putting a set of Conti tyres on the FJ once the stock tires wear out. No direct experience with the Conti Motions though.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I have a set on at present a good tyres 4100 miles on the set and the rear is just coming down to the TWI so will be changing them shortly, I found them hard and excellent in the dry warm weather but poor grip in the wet , OK at a sedate pace but when I upped the pace I found them wanting but only on a wet surface, however in standing water they seemed to clear quite well, I would say 6 out of 10 for wet grip and 9 out of 10 dry grip and I found the tyres vary poor and occasionally scarey on the transition from dry to wet surface unless they where very warm which took ages to warm up, I had a set on my last bike a Z1000sx and suited that bike maybe because it was a heavy bike compared to the tracer, therefore I personally only would use them in the summer and not winter
Hope this helps

I had the Motions on my ZRX and I loved them! the ZRX was a much heavier bike, not sure if you can figure that in
Maybe less tire wear on the lighter FJ?
wear wasn't an issue, and believe me the ZRX went through tires just standing still  :P;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Had a set of Motions on my bmw r1100s. The Motions are considered more of a budget tire in their line. 80 to 90% of my riding is twisties. They are a decent tire for the $. $160.00 a set if my memory serves. The handling and traction were fine. The wear in comparison to other tires wasn't quite as good. What would you expect at that price point?
A buddy mounted a set on a K1200RS at the same time. We did a 1000 mile weekend recon in the Nor Cal mountains. Pushed the tires HARD! We got back and his tires looked like we did 4000 miles! Think we swapped them out at about 3500 miles. Not shot but not a lot of wear left. He had no problem with the handling either.
Tire mileage on all tires for all riders is all over the map. That is my experience with the Motion. Not a bad tire at all, but I wouldn’t do a cross country trip and expect them to finish the trip. YMMV of course.

2015 FJ 09 Matte Gray
2006 FJR 1300
IBA member

Archived