Just ordered Akrapovic Exhaust Titanium

buckybuk

As long as you leave the Db killer in then no tuning is required on the link above it states that on their site.
Removing the Db killer you will need a tuner Power Commander V already has a map for this bike with db killer out.
Its really loud without the db killer I MEAN LOUD !  So loud your neighbors will not be happy.
With db killer in its louder than the stock but it has a groul it didn't have before. 

2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
As long as you leave the Db killer in then no tuning is required on the link above it states that on their site. Removing the Db killer you will need a tuner Power Commander V already has a map for this bike with db killer out.
Its really loud without the db killer I MEAN LOUD !  So loud your neighbors will not be happy.
With db killer in its louder than the stock but it has a groul it didn't have before. 

Before certain individuals start trashing my decision to spend $1075 for an exhaust its my $$$$ I'll do with it how I please. keep your negative comments to yourself !
The Akrapovic is a quality exhaust from a quality manufacturer, you can't go wrong with that. I want more sound, but not too loud, so I would need a 1/2 DB killer that they do not make? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

As long as you leave the Db killer in then no tuning is required on the link above it states that on their site. Removing the Db killer you will need a tuner Power Commander V already has a map for this bike with db killer out.

The Akrapovic is a quality exhaust from a quality manufacturer, you can't go wrong with that. I want more sound, but not too loud, so I would need a 1/2 DB killer that they do not make?
Correct :(..................... I would really like a happy medium. Its one extreme or the other. I have read where people have cut the DB killer (made it louder) only to go buy another and put it back. Seems as though they really tuned this exhaust to require nothing. "Well if you want the poping to stop all together you will need Block off plates" but the poping is minimal with db killer in. 
I must admit it sounded like a freakin beast with db out !
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious if you know for sure the Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust will fit with the centerstand removed? I really like the look, price and sound of that particular exhaust($800US), but not alot of vendors are advertising it for the FJ-09. Did a vendor specifically tell you it would fit with the centerstand removed? 
Thanks

• Premium Member
Just curious if you know for sure the Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust will fit with the centerstand removed? I really like the look, price and sound of that particular exhaust($800US), but not alot of vendors are advertising it for the FJ-09. Did a vendor specifically tell you it would fit with the centerstand removed?  Thanks
I believe it was revzilla. Said it would fit, but the centerstand needs to be removed. I am trying hard to have patience waiting for a perfect exhaust for a lower price. Must resist........ 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I dont forsee many quality full systems dropping below $800 for these models in the short term.  Good luck with your search.  I will be the test dummy on the Carbon Akrapovic.  If the centerstand is as heavy as I think it is, along with the exhaust that is going to be a pretty significant weight reduction!

Remove the center stand and you can use a M4 under $400. Your options are wide open with the center stand gone. The center stand is just way too useful to me personally to do without it.
I totally agree, both my FZ1's stayed on center stands. It makes it so easy to do maintenance on the bike an not need a rear stand.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eatpasta
they make really nice stuff - just wildly expensive!

akrapovic-shows-yamaha-fz-09-mt-09-exhaust-medium_1.png?1386325596

I adore the pipes they make for dirtbikes but for something that's just going to get ruined, I have to say they are just making pipes for the Pros...

ak_S-H2MET6T-VT_Z.jpg

I have a thing about symmetrical exhaust - call me crazy.

Good luck.  Installed mine the other day.  

Stuff I learned: Leave bike on kickstand!  Unless you want to roll the bike off the center stand with a loose exhaust next to the crankcase...

Swing down center stand to remove the yamaha part with someone else steadying the bike.  I also pulled the heat shield off the exhaust tip to give me a little more wiggle room near the brake/footpeg bracket.  

Akrapovic provides all the sealers and lube for the install.  

You will need: 12mm deep well socket, 22mm wrench for sensor, torque wrench, 4mm allen for exhaust tip, 5mm allen for the rear mount on the titanium muffler and either needle nose vice grips or a spring puller.  Kit does not come with a catalytic converter or new copper exhaust gaskets!

Give yourself a couple of hours to get it on, warm up and re-torque the mounts and exhaust flanges to 16/ft pounds.  Baffle/diverter out is loud.  I'm running mine with it in.  No flame out the back that way.

My system already has a nice brown patina - not shiny like OE system.  Use a rag with WD 40 to get hand prints off exhaust before warming it up the first time.

Paid USD 1,075 for my system.  Hope this is of some help.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Photos show center stand still on your bike. So this complete titanium exhaust system DOES work with center stand still in place? For some reason I was getting the impression that it doesn't. Or was that just the carbon fiber version that requires center stand removal?
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived