CalSci Large Windscreen Work w. Stock Handguards?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm having trouble finding this information using the search feature. I am considering a CalSci large windscreen for our FJ, but want to know if it interferes with the stock handguards. Can anyone confirm it is interference free? Thanks in advance.

• Premium Member
I have both the Cal Sci med. touring and sport shields. The touring screen is my go to screen. Nice ride behind it. No buffeting and pretty durn quiet. The tinted sport is a decent summer screen. More roar, as to be expected. Looks cool tho!

2015 FJ 09 Matte Gray
2006 FJR 1300
IBA member

I've only been out on a couple of relatively short rides with the windscreen in the lower position, but the buffeting is greatly reduced, as is the helmet noise.  I'll try the higher position this coming weekend.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and 2018 Yamaha XSR700

• 2 weeks later...
I've only been out on a couple of relatively short rides with the windscreen in the lower position, but the buffeting is greatly reduced, as is the helmet noise.  I'll try the higher position this coming weekend.
Still happy with your CalSci screen? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on buying one soon. Trying to decide between the CalSci and the V-Stream.

Very happy with the CalSci windscreen.  While the styling of the stock windscreen was unique, I just had too much wind noise with it as the wind stream seemed at my neck right under the helmet.  Wind noise is significantly less with the CalSci windscreen, in either position (high or low). 

If it just didn't looks pedestrian...

2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and 2018 Yamaha XSR700

• Premium Member
Liking the cal sci stuff. I have a medium for touring and a shorty for everything else. I will probably buy the large one as the med is a hair short. I am bout 6 feet. Still they are well designed and both quiet wind and noise. The larger one will not get you any fashion points, but the shorty looks fine. Easy to swap.

Archived