Shuberth C3 Pro Helmet

martyl

• Premium Member
I've had many different Helmets over my past 40 plus years of riding. I never spent more than a couple of hundred bucks on one. I was currently riding with a Sedichi modular helmet. The wind noise was maddening. I have an Ermax tall windshield with an Ermax extension shield on top. So... I decided to take the plunge and I got the Schuberth C3 Pro Modular Helmet. I also have the Sena 20s Communication system that was in my previous helmet. Having just taken my first ride with the Schuberth I can say that I really like this helmet and i can see and feel the difference in a top notch helmet. First, The Sena 20s works very well and since I was already invested in it, I didn't opt. for the Schuberth comm system that is very elegantly set up to be incorporated into the helmet. Since the helmet is much quieter that what I had I don't have to nearly blast the comm. Now, there is still some wind noise but it is MUCH better than before. Also, a big difference is Schuberth's method of ventilation. I can really feel the air flow through the top of the helmet with the vents open and the inner cloth tabs retracted. The helmet is really sealed well and when in motion I could feel air passing around the helmet while still keeping the helmet quiet. Did I still sweat in the Florida humidity? Absolutely! But I can tell the difference big time in overall quality. One thing that I read in the manual about the helmet that I found interesting was that Schuberth recommends replacement of the helmet every five years. Personally, I think that if I could replace the inner padding by then, I'd like to get a few more years out of a helmet at this price point. Lower priced helmets I generally get a couple of years out of them. Overall, I like the Schubert C3 pro. Allot of thought and research went into it and it shows.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
Arai & Shoei recommend a max of five years too. My last helmets have been 3 Shoei & 3 Arai since about 1996. Materials do degrade over time, especially something exposed to lots of sunlight. The main thing for me is that the polystyrene layer that absorbs much of the impact force compresses over time, leading to a looser fit. With the mileage I do, I change my helmets every 3 or 4 years, which fits with the 6 helmets in 20 years. I'll be changing my current helmet for an identical Shoei soon, as I bought one in the "end of line" sale with a third off the price. The new one feels very snug compared to the fairly sloppy, old one, despite being an identical model in the same size.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I've had many different Helmets over my past 40 plus years of riding. I never spent more than a couple of hundred bucks on one. I was currently riding with a Sedichi modular helmet. The wind noise was maddening. I have an Ermax tall windshield with an Ermax extension shield on top. So... I decided to take the plunge and I got the Schuberth C3 Pro Modular Helmet. I also have the Sena 20s Communication system that was in my previous helmet. Having just taken my first ride with the Schuberth I can say that I really like this helmet and i can see and feel the difference in a top notch helmet. First, The Sena 20s works very well and since I was already invested in it, I didn't opt. for the Schuberth comm system that is very elegantly set up to be incorporated into the helmet. Since the helmet is much quieter that what I had I don't have to nearly blast the comm. Now, there is still some wind noise but it is MUCH better than before. Also, a big difference is Schuberth's method of ventilation. I can really feel the air flow through the top of the helmet with the vents open and the inner cloth tabs retracted. The helmet is really sealed well and when in motion I could feel air passing around the helmet while still keeping the helmet quiet. Did I still sweat in the Florida humidity? Absolutely! But I can tell the difference big time in overall quality. One thing that I read in the manual about the helmet that I found interesting was that Schuberth recommends replacement of the helmet every five years. Personally, I think that if I could replace the inner padding by then, I'd like to get a few more years out of a helmet at this price point. Lower priced helmets I generally get a couple of years out of them. Overall, I like the Schubert C3 pro. Allot of thought and research went into it and it shows.
I purchased a C3 last winter on a Revzilla closeout for about half price.  I agree with your comments about the air flow.  Much better than any helmet I have had in the past.  Mostly Nolans.  The reduced sound is also a big plus.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I have the Schuberth C3 and it's a very comfortable, quiet modular helmet. Sena make a specific bluetooth kit, the 10u, that fits inside the helmet for a very clean OEM look install. It was easy to fit as well and the sound quality is very good.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Archived