Smokies ride

1moreroad

• Premium Member
@Britelitebob, @duhs10, and I spent last weekend riding in the Smoky Mountains. We had a great trip. Friday I rode through north Georgia including Elijay Road. Friday night Robert and I met up in Waynesville. Saturday we did about 300 miles heading northwest thrift Little Switzerland up to Burnsville and down the Rattler.

Sunday Dustin joined us and we headed southeast on Wayah Road, 28, and on a bunch of local roads that Robert knew. Robert was a great (and fast) tour guide. We rode about 250 miles. I was making lots of little mistakes, so we finished the ride with a cruise on the Blue Ridge and down 276 towards Brevard. Dustin and I just missed meeting Bent Aero who swung by the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground to say hi to Robert.

Monday I headed home via the Cherohala.

We'll post more details on thus thread in the future but I wanted to put something up. This forum brought the three of us to the Smokies, and we all had a good time riding.

• Premium Member
Saturday near Little Switzerland
29442204876_909e234a9a_z.jpg20160827_120026 by gcsurb, on Flickr

The Rattler
29187994420_e210366dfa_z.jpg20160827_161145 by gcsurb, on Flickr

29396932411_fc6c197b93_z.jpg20160827_145739 by gcsurb, on Flickr

Waiting for a heavy pop up thunderstorm to pass at the end of the twisties. Robert got the better protected parking spot, but my FJ stayed mostly dry.
29396939451_146f527586_z.jpg20160827_162153 by gcsurb, on Flickr

Sunday morning 29396940561_9698ddfd9b_z.jpg20160828_184535 by gcsurb, on Flickr

• Premium Member
@britelitebob , @duhs10 , and I spent last weekend riding in the Smoky Mountains. We had a great trip. Friday I rode through north Georgia including Elijay Road. Friday night Robert and I met up in Waynesville. Saturday we did about 300 miles heading northwest thrift Little Switzerland up to Burnsville and down the Rattler.  
Sunday Dustin joined us and we headed southeast on Wayah Road, 28, and on a bunch of local roads that Robert knew. Robert was a great (and fast) tour guide. We rode about 250 miles. I was making lots of little mistakes, so we finished the ride with a cruise on the Blue Ridge and down 276 towards Brevard. Dustin and I just missed meeting Bent Aero who swung by the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground to say hi to Robert.

Monday I headed home via the Cherohala.

We'll post more details on thus thread in the future but I wanted to put something up. This forum brought the three of us to the Smokies, and we all had a good time riding.

A good time indeed just not enough of it, hopefully we can do it again soon. You know they say that riding in the smokies is second best form of stress relief so you need to do it a lot.
BLB

• Premium Member
I stayed a couple days after the guys left on
Sunday and visited my daughter who lives just north of Asheville and that's why some of these pics only show one bike.
I rode around up in this area a bit and then spent a day riding back down into north Georgia before heading back to Fl.
just in time for the tropical storm.

Shooting_Creek.jpg

Hwy 64 near Shooting Creek
BLB

• Premium Member
Shot some video on this trip and some came out ok and some not so good but I learned a few things and hopefully will get better. Also I live in a rural area and were on some pretty lame dsl here so had to compress these way down to get them to upload to youtube. I added some music because the bike sounds like an electric chainsaw and the pr4 rear tire is about to drive me nuts with its wining. This is a small section of some back roads that run between Hayseville NC. and Blairsville Ga. that we ride when we need a break from the tight twisties. Its some real pretty country, the roads are smooth and very relaxing.

BLB

Archived