FZ 07 Soft Saddlebag mount work on FJ ?

buckybuk

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/shop/product/details/fz-soft-saddlebags?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2015|212&dealernumber=
I just dropped tooooo much money on exhaust so I'm thinking of going soft for bags I'm wondering if the FZ-07 soft mount will work.if not any suggestions on a soft mount ? I just need to keep the bags from hitting tire.
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/shop/product/details/fz-soft-saddlebags?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2015|212&dealernumber= I just dropped tooooo much money on exhaust so I'm thinking of going soft for bags I'm wondering if the FZ-07 soft mount will work.if not any suggestions on a soft mount ? I just need to keep the bags from hitting tire.
According the the Yamaha Canada website, the mounts are different part numbers. Why wouldn't you just buy the FJ-09 ones?  
http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/pna/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=15&categoryId=64&itemId=3506

Cause it does not look as though it will work properly with a soft bag
What I mean is, Yamaha Canada shows a part number for an FJ-09 soft bag mount that is exactly what you are looking for. The part number is on the link I sent you.
O sweet man tyvm :)......Hmmm a US dealer could get this with that part number right ?I'll check in the morning and update 
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

What I mean is, Yamaha Canada shows a part number for an FJ-09 soft bag mount that is exactly what you are looking for. The part number is on the link I sent you.
O sweet man tyvm :)......Hmmm a US dealer could get this with that part number right ?I'll check in the morning and update
My dealer can get parts that aren't on the Canada page, so hopefully it works both ways! If not, I'm sure there are other ways to get it. Only problem is that it seems Yamaha's FJ-09 accessories are starting to get backordered. Good luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Why don't you just make your own?

I did this in a couple hours to show how it can be down and mounted to the existing hard bag brackets mount points.  You can even take off the stock brackets to put these on.  Note, I didn't paint it as it was just to illustrate how easy it is to make a bracket.  These are between 18-22 inches long, made from 5/16" rd. axle stock.  The ends are pounded flat and drilled for a 8mm bolt.  The rod I had broke on the first bend because there was an existing saw cut, so I found a sleeve to put over the joint, just to hold them in place.  It was not part of the original plan.

bqI5EXw.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Why don't you just make your own? 
I did this in a couple hours to show how it can be down and mounted to the existing hard bag brackets mount points.  You can even take off the stock brackets to put these on.  Note, I didn't paint it as it was just to illustrate how easy it is to make a bracket.  These are between 18-22 inches long, made from 5/16" rd. axle stock.  The ends are pounded flat and drilled for a 8mm bolt.  The rod I had broke on the first bend because there was an existing saw cut, so I found a sleeve to put over the joint, just to hold them in place.  It was not part of the original plan.

bqI5EXw.jpg
Love the diversity of this bike (and the people who ride it). Some bikes are an example of how utility/touring oriented the FJ can be, and some are an example of how streamlined and sporty it can get. The best part is, which ever side of the isle you sit on, it's easy to cross over just by putting yourself in a new frame of mind (and adding/removing bags). Want to be a sport rider today? FJ says "OKAY!" Want to tour? "Please sir can I have some more?!" 
I personally like the stock soft bag mounts, because when I'm done, they pop off and I'm back to sporty :)

Love the diversity of this bike (and the people who ride it). Some bikes are an example of how utility/touring oriented the FJ can be, and some are an example of how streamlined and sporty it can get. The best part is, which ever side of the isle you sit on, it's easy to cross over just by putting yourself in a new frame of mind (and adding/removing bags). Want to be a sport rider today? FJ says "OKAY!" Want to tour? "Please sir can I have some more?!" 
I personally like the stock soft bag mounts, because when I'm done, they pop off and I'm back to sporty :)

So well said. 
Can you show us the stock soft bag mounts?  Or where have they been shown, as I haven't seen them yet.  TIA

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Hepco & Becker is currently working on a soft bag system, using their C-Bow mounts for the FJ-09. It should be ready in the coming weeks, hoping at mid-march. These C-bow systems allow you to mount the H&B Street Soft Bags that are currently available, and will also mount the two new soft bag varieties that are set to come out around the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Where in CA?  Cost? Are you ordering the bags through Twisted Throttle?  TT told me it would be a few months before they could sell the SW Motech Bags Connection equivalent of these bags and mounts for the FJ here in the US. Yamaha had that arrangement with them.

Archived