Front brake disc warped...

Guest reeseyboy

Guest reeseyboy
Whipped out the pads and had a good clean up of the calipers yesterday; pistons were very dirty and a couple were reluctant to be pushed back with my thumbs. Anyhoo, all clean and new SBS Sintered Street pads fitted. Cleaned the discs with red Scotchbrite and brake cleaner too. No more pulsing and a much nicer braking experience now; these pads feel miles better than the OEM ones did - more feel and a more positive initial feeling when applying the brakes.

Whipped out the pads and had a good clean up of the calipers yesterday; pistons were very dirty and a couple were reluctant to be pushed back with my thumbs. Anyhoo, all clean and new SBS Sintered Street pads fitted. Cleaned the discs with red Scotchbrite and brake cleaner too. No more pulsing and a much nicer braking experience now; these pads feel miles better than the OEM ones did - more feel and a more positive initial feeling when applying the brakes.
Great news, and a lot cheaper than new rotors. Caliper pistons & rotors do need to be cleaned occasionally for optimum performance. 

• Premium Member
you owe me one coconut...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest reeseyboy
I think I have spoken too soon. Whilst the SBS pads are a big improvement over the OEM ones, the pulsing remains. Dealer can have a look when its back in. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest reeseyboy
Bike went in for the 12k mile service today. The dealer replaced the cracked side panels (for the second time), the cam chain tensioner and the front discs and pads. All under warranty, no questions asked.

Guest reeseyboy
It must be you i was speaking to on Facebook then! :D. You had the TDM?

Yes mate *shudders thinking about the TDM*

I have had a slight pulsating since almost day 1. Hasn't gotten any worse and only at slow speed otherwise it seems normal. Pads are original and bike has near 38K.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived