Bucket list trip to Yosemite

Finally took that ride fm Los Angeles to Yosemite national park.  Took highway 395 through the sierras.  Making stops along the way in Lone Pine , Bishop , Mamoth Mountain , Lee Vining and a few more.  If you love in Los Angeles I highly recommend doing this trip.  It was around 900 miles round trip .  I spent one day heading up , stayed the night and the second day exploring Yosemite and then heading back home to LA. What a trip !! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Premium Member
Finally took that ride fm Los Angeles to Yosemite national park.  Took highway 395 through the sierras.  Making stops along the way in Lone Pine , Bishop , Mamoth Mountain , Lee Vining and a few more.  If you love in Los Angeles I highly recommend doing this trip.  It was around 900 miles round trip .  I spent one day heading up , stayed the night and the second day exploring Yosemite and then heading back home to LA. What a trip !!
Sounds like a fun trip. I have done it a few times and always love going into Yosemite.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Coming south out of Yosemite you can take the 41 .. That's a nice road until you hit Fresno that get on the 99 .  The 99 is a pretty boring ride , It was 100 degrees when I did it , so it wasn't much fun.  I was going to do what you are planning and take the extra day and do the coast back into LA but I was limited on time.   So I think what you're planning sounds great !  Enjoy ! 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived