To beak or not to beak .....

I also really like the look, it really does "complete" the bike IMO, but daggonit the price for a l'il piece of plastic... Nope 
No worries mate, now that Powerbronze has done all the design, engineering and marketing, it shouldn't be long before the cheap Chinese knock-offs start showing up on ebay. 

In fact there was one for sale on ebay from Lithuanian for $60US but I wasn't sure about that so I forked out the cash for a powerbronze.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
No worries mate, now that Powerbronze has done all the design, engineering and marketing, it shouldn't be long before the cheap Chinese knock-offs start showing up on ebay. 

In fact there was one for sale on ebay from Lithuanian for $60US but I wasn't sure about that so I forked out the cash for a powerbronze.
Direct copy of the Powerbronze design... in fiberglass.

• Premium Member
Direct copy of the Powerbronze design... in fiberglass.Wow these guys are some real bottom dwellers, not only did they rip-off the design from Powerbronze, but they robbed the photos from this thread for their description. The reason I know this is because the two pics of the red bike sitting behind the tractor are mine.  angry.png  And speaking of bottom dwellers, is there an attorney in the house?

BLB

• Premium Member
I also really like the look, it really does "complete" the bike IMO, but daggonit the price for a l'il piece of plastic... Nope
Apparently, @britelitebob has a direct connection to a manufacturer of something of the kind you're after. Now, you too can be part of 'beak nation', for an easy one time payment of $60. BLB can provide details. tongue.png
ROFL 
Yeeeeeah, pass. ;)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
Apparently, @britelitebob has a direct connection to a manufacturer of something of the kind you're after. Now, you too can be part of 'beak nation', for an easy one time payment of $60. BLB can provide details. :P
fd6408040851e641270e6c039567baf9.jpg

Somebody bought that one from Lithuania... and I don't see your bike pictures anymore @britelitebob lol.. that's funny that they used pictures of your bike!

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Somebody bought that one from Lithuania... and I don't see your bike pictures anymore @britelitebob lol.. that's funny that they used pictures of your bike!
They must be monitoring the beak thread, obviously some real smooth operators, maybe they got spooked when I mentioned the lawyer. I think it may be these guys. 

5809424.jpg

BLB

• Premium Member
They must be monitoring the beak thread, obviously some real smooth operators, maybe they got spooked when I mentioned the lawyer...[span][/span]
I'm sure these guys really give a shet about what we do and say on here (the photos are still there BTW). Now... eBay might be interested in the complaint and you might see some action (seller/post taken down)... possibly. It's a game of whack-a-mole though.
I really don't give a hoot about them using the pics, hell if I knew they were going to be used for product marketing I would have got out my good camera, I doubt that Powerbronze will feel the same way though. 
BLB

• 1 month later...
Worrying about someone copying a "beak" is pointless.  The first beak I recall was the front fender on the 1968-69 Bultaco 360 El Bandito which was attached to the triple clamp, under where a headlight would be if the Bandito had one.  And it seems, Suzuki copied the Bultaco beak (though not as a fender) on a 1980's Dakar racer.  I guess BMW copied the Suzuki beak for the GS series.  As they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."  

Incidentally, complaints about Powerbronze price for a beak being exorbitant, are spot on. Maier sells a beak extension for 08-12 BMW R1200GS models for $68.  I assume Maier did the design and development for the extension.  And Maier products are passed through distributors and retailers who take a profit from the transactions, while Powerbronze seems to sell directly to customers - which makes their pricing all the more egregious. 

• 6 months later...
I like it with the beak. Looks like it should have been installed by Yamaha from the beginning.

I likely wouldn't have bought my bike if it was original equipment

• 1 month later...

Coming off a beaked BMW GS I'm not sure whether I like this effect or not - I'm leaning towards 'like', even though I know it's only 'bling' with little or no practical function.   I'd certainly want to see one installed before buying.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.