To beak or not to beak .....

I see britelitebob has already posted a picture of my bike (don't know where he got it!) but here's a better one. Just back from 2000 miles to and around Switzerland and never experienced any bad shaking or wind issues.
I have to say the beak really looks great and to my mind finishes the bike.  What screen is that you have fitted and is it any good? [span]
CS    [/span]

• Premium Member
I don't want to criticize the aesthetic decisions of others. If you like it, go for it.

But if Yamaha reads this thread, I'd like it to be known that the lack of a beak is one of the things I like about the FJ. When I was bike shopping I considered the FJ and the Versys 1000. I didn't even think twice about the V-Strom because I couldn't get past its hideous beak.

YMMV, etc.

Nope, that's where I have my GoPro mounted. Looks good in some pics, not so sure in others. Not seeing the actual benefit, don't wanna move my GoPro, prob not gonna happen for me.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

I doubt anyone has done this, since it would leave the radiator exposed to debris.
The front brake lines and ABS wires are using the back of the fender for mounting locations to secure em in place...
Ah ok. Both those make sense. I think it would look good though. Maybe combined with a dirt bike style front brake line mount and a rad guard? idk just curious.
And, you still need a fender.  I don't think the beak provides any protection of water spray coming up through the fork tube opening.  Would be pretty messy in the rain. 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)