To beak or not to beak .....

they "unofficially" detune the FJ-09 by 17.34% and disables the the 2nd spark plug every 456 miles for 20secs to improve MPG ??? 

Given your's state of tune I'm surprised you don't run around rotating the dead cylinder every 10 seconds or so unless you're in <3rd gear, over 4K rpm and past 1/2 throttle. Do you even get 80 miles to a tank? :)

sure do! in fact I get an extra 100 miles before I cave in and hit the nearest gas station... its a gas sipper like a Honda Prius above 5k rpms...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Addition of a beak smooths non-laminar airflow in the crucial low pressure area under the headlight, resulting in a reduced negative lift-ratio. This reduces head shake under acceleration and increases high speed stability. Vortex disruption from the lateral edges of the beak have the additional benefit of breaking up the leading edge high-pressure areas and this stops the formation of stochastic sound waves, characteristically found in the rotor-tips of helicopters. This reduces induced wind noise resulting in a quieter ride. The final benefit of the beak is that the rider is more relaxed due to a quieter, less turbulent ride and this increases blood flow to the frontal lobe and cerebelleum in the brain, increasing concentration and basal testosterone levels. This has been shown to have a 19.3% increase (within 95% confidence intervals) in attractiveness to the opposite sex and lower service charges at Yamaha dealers due to the recognition of increased riding deity.

YMMV
  • Haha 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Addition of a beak smooths non-laminar airflow in the crucial low pressure area under the headlight, resulting in a reduced negative lift-ratio. This reduces head shake under acceleration and increases high speed stability. Vortex disruption from the lateral edges of the beak have the additional benefit of breaking up the leading edge high-pressure areas and this stops the formation of stochastic sound waves, characteristically found in the rotor-tips of helicopters. This reduces induced wind noise resulting in a quieter ride. The final benefit of the beak is that the rider is more relaxed due to a quieter, less turbulent ride and this increases blood flow to the frontal lobe and cerebelleum in the brain, increasing concentration and basal testosterone levels. This has been shown to have a 19.3% increase (within 95% confidence intervals) in attractiveness to the opposite sex and lower service charges at Yamaha dealers due to the recognition of increased riding deity. 
YMMV

You should be in politics ?

YMMV
You should be in politics ?
(A) He is.   (B) - I wish I understood a word of this...... :-S

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

BBB's post was plausible-sounding gibberish driven from a jargon word cloud. Much like many a "peer reviewed" academic paper which lines up words resembling an English sentence but is utter nonesense if you try to parse it. That or he cut/pasted from the Brexit negotiation documents written by some back-bencher.

At least I hope he was typing in jest... (if not, my apologies)

At least I hope he was typing in jest...
I do fully admit to being in jest. And also fully admit that the beak just looks nice, IMHO ?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

At least I hope he was typing in jest...
I do fully admit to being in jest. And also fully admit that the beak just looks nice, IMHO ?
I, too, quite like the beaked look, being a BMW GS-er, fully-beaked, for many years.   But I cannot come at the AUD$210+ for the item...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 months later...
The beaked look has grown on me but I couldn't bring myself to pay for it as I felt it was over priced... well last night I decided to waste that money lol. Guess I will have a beaked FJ soon.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
The beaked look has grown on me but I couldn't bring myself to pay for it as I felt it was over priced... well last night I decided to waste that money lol. Guess I will have a beaked FJ soon.
I also really like the look, it really does "complete" the bike IMO, but daggonit the price for a l'il piece of plastic... Nope
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
I also really like the look, it really does "complete" the bike IMO, but daggonit the price for a l'il piece of plastic... Nope 
No worries mate, now that Powerbronze has done all the design, engineering and marketing, it shouldn't be long before the cheap Chinese knock-offs start showing up on ebay. 

BLB