To beak or not to beak .....

11 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Coming off a beaked BMW GS I'm not sure whether I like this effect or not - I'm leaning towards 'like', even though I know it's only 'bling' with little or no practical function.   I'd certainly want to see one installed before buying.

Click on the arrow at the top RH of the box for previous pic.

Edited by jdavis

On 1/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, Ahmed said:

This is less than $50 USD here 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/waase-MT09-Front-Wheel-Fender-Beak-Nose-Cone-Extension-Cover-Extender-Cowl-For-Yamaha-MT-09/32891590365.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.4bb02e0ei760SR

I haven't bought this one yet but I got few other stuff and they all arrived with no issues.......so far :)

Ahmed

Do you know or are you aware if by any chance this will fit the 2019 Tracer900?

Thank you all - it looks fine on the red Tracers shown here (britelitebob's two pix show the diff before and after very clearly), and I cannot now help wondering if it would better still if painted red to match.   Has anyone done this?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

4 hours ago, Zakmilas said:

Ahmed

I am not sure, they should be the same but the ad is saying 2015,16 and 17.

You can buy it if you like it and I can buy it from you if it doesn't fit yours. This is a serious offer because I am hesitant to buy it but I kind of like it.

4 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Thank you all - it looks fine on the red Tracers shown here (britelitebob's two pix show the diff before and after very clearly), and I cannot now help wondering if it would better still if painted red to match.   Has anyone done this?

Maybe find a sheet of red vinyl that you can "wrap" the beek in (if you get one) that way if you don't like it all you have to do is pull the vinyl off... I personally don't thin it would look right as a red beak...... carbon fiber on the other hand would look nice.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Beaking is bad mmm Kay!   

Surgeon General's Warning:

- Beaking causes lung cancer, Heart Diease, Emphysema, may complicate pregnancy and is listed under Prop 65 in California...

OVERAGE SALE IS PROHIBITED 😆... 

Edited by norcal616
  • Haha 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

59 minutes ago, duhs10 said:

carbon fiber on the other hand would look nice.

Now there's an idea!   There is plenty of faux carbon on Gen 1 models (not sure about 2018s and beyond) and it might blend very nicely to have the beak carbonised to match.   In my case it would also complement the carbon-look cross-bar under the headlight that carries the two DRL LEDs...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 1 month later...

Not a  break man, but if you are going to buy one, try to reward the designers by not buying Chinese knockoffs (or Lithuanian as the case may be). I know it's virtually impossible to avoid Chinese products completely, but having lived in the Middle Kingdom for 7 years I really got a sense of the extent of the intellectual property theft. Virtually everything for sale except for rice is a ripoff of someone else's idea. The factories are booming supplying the whole world with cheap products, many that are substandard or hazardous, and virtually zero paying any licencing fees. The country is being rebuilt bottom up with the profits. While this is great for them, it is gutting the economies of the West (Japan and Korea maybe as well). All of this benefits and strengthens the surveillance police state and its charming ruler for life. 

I've got nothing against Chinese people (my wife is Chinese) and an definitely not a MAGA man, but if you can afford it and are offered a choice, try to encourage and support manufacturers and developers who come up with their own ideas and pay a living wage.

Rant over, and apologies for injecting politics into the forum. Having said that, the Powerbronze beak is overpriced. Maybe go beakless?

• Thumbsup 1

On 10/11/2016 at 4:52 AM, hlmiskelly said:

Beak installed. I concur with the opinion that everyone's taste is different, but for me the beak works on the FJ-09.

La beauté est dans l'oeil de celui qui regarde.

Beak_2.jpg

Beak_3.jpg

IMHO, it might look very tasty indeed if painted to colour-match the Lava Red of the bike.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:23 PM, Zakmilas said:

Ahmed

Any one beaked the 2018+ tracer and tracer GT yet? 

Under the front the fastener location looks different to me. But I am just a mediocre DIY guy. 

@bugie

Edited by TracerDoc

I have the powerbronze beak on my Tracer GT. You need to remove the old fasteners to install it. Lines on the side of the beak don't match perfectly with the lines of the 2018 tracer though. I think they cheekily marketed it for the GT without redesigning it so I personally wouldn't buy the powerbronze one for the '18 model

IMG_20181222_160848_315.jpg

Edited by bugie
  • Thumbsup 1