To beak or not to beak .....

1 hour ago, Trambo said:

If you're talking about the sheet metal screws, they just screwed right in the underside of the headlight. Granted they took a little extra effort, but not to a point where I felt like I was struggling or putting enormous effort into it.

The longer bolts matched up to the new threaded clips.

Yeah the sheet metal screws. Probably extra effort because they were a little oversized but no harm indeed using them. I still cant believe it was 20 dollars. So cheap and it really should have come with the bike its such a better look.

2016 FJ09

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, sdwillie said:

I still cant believe it was 20 dollars. So cheap and it really should have come with the bike its such a better look.

Agreed. Given what the original pricing was when these first materialized, this was a steal.

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I have one of the knockoffs new in packaging will sell for $10 if you can pick up near Dallas.  eBay price is too low to make shipping it anywhere cost competitive v. new/unsold.

Appears to be decent quality.

6C669B6C-8A8E-4852-A5A6-6A9E360481AD.png

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

What is there purpose.?

The answer is in OP mikerbiker's last two words - "me likey".   Nuthin' wrong with that!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.