To beak or not to beak .....

9 hours ago, trevinator said:

i had someone on advrider say a beak will help with buffeting on the stock windscreen. anybody experience this?

I’ll refer you to my earlier response to this, to be read with a healthy dose of critical analysis.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I joined the club.  Wasn't going to do it as it was cost prohibitive IMO.  Then I found the beak on ebay for something like $25 bucks, so I jumped.  Really happy with the look, and install was easy.

• 1 month later...

I may be going over to the Dark Side after looking at recent beaked pictures (God have mercy upon my Soul) 🙂 

However, I'm not quite there yet as I have a 18 plate GT900 in the Phantom Blue (matt Blue) and the only pics I''ve seen of this year/model/ bike colour with a beak have been of the Powebronze beak which doesn't fit properly (as it is the earlier model version of the beak, not specific to the GT).

If anyone has a GT900 in Blue with a beak on it, would they be so kind as to post a few pics identifying which beak (model/ manufacturer/ source) is fitted?

Thanks in advance

Steve

• Thumbsup 1

11 minutes ago, ChadTheFoxFox said:

This Picture has convinced me to beak my Red FJ, Just curious how you got it in red? Vinyl? Or Paint? And how did you manage to match the “Lava Red” color.

I took it to a regular Auto body shop. They ordered the color. It's sanded and painted not vinyl. It looks like it was originally there not an after market.

1 minute ago, Ahmed said:

I took it to a regular Auto body shop. They ordered the color. It's sanded and painted not vinyl. It looks like it was originally there not an after market.

What was the damage out of pocket? If you don’t mind me asking. 

hmmmm...still no new pics of a GT900 in Phantom Blue with a beak (a non Powerbronze one that is), perhaps the inherent good taste of riders that chose the Phantom Blue is a clue that 'beaking' is a style / social faux pas? 🙂 

• Haha 1

I decided to put one on partly because it was an inexpensive addition My bike is an all Black 17 model When I fitted it I felt it helped to "balance" the slightly top heavy look the Puig touring windshield had made when I fitted that.

IMG_1741.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

hmmmm...still no new pics of a GT900 in Phantom Blue with a beak (a non Powerbronze one that is), perhaps the lack of good taste of riders that chose the Phantom Blue is a clue that 'beaking' is a skill that eludes them? 😥

Edited for accuracy 😉

• Haha 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)