To beak or not to beak .....

Guest reeseyboy
Awesome, i was actually thinking about if someone eventually bought it because i wanted to see it on non advertising pics. Ā 
Anyone tested it out on high speed yet?
Im really curious about if it adds downforce or instability.
Have had mine on for a couple of months. No instability at all. Completes the front end.Ā 

Just to be sure, is it also at high speeds? I live near the german Autobahn, so I reach 110mph and sometimes more, quite a lot lol.Ā 
Yes, it is perfectly fine in that range.Ā 
The beak is also functional, as well as aesthetic, although it doesn't create a noticeable down force at high speeds, or protect the rider and headlight from debris and splashes, or even increase the efficiency of the engine by channeling more airflow into the radiator...where this product really shines is standing a drink on at the gas station/camping, and placing your tools on when working on the bike! :D
Ā 

I like the look of the beak, but I have other things to spend the money on at the moment.. Might look into getting one down the road

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I'm a total sport bike guy Ā  Been doing track days for over 10 years. I got my FJ to do some longer distance rides but still be able to push and ride aggressive. Ā  Love my bike. Ā But I've also come to the conclusion it's just not designed for triple digit speeds. Ā I got it up to 120 and almost shit myself because the front end got so lite and started to shake. Ā It can do 100mph comfortably , but no reason to push any more. Ā If yo want to hit th autobaugn ... Go do it on a sport bike. It will be way funner ... The FJ is for sport touring. Ā 

Im a beak hater..... but this one looks decent. But beaks are for off-roading. I rode a couple hundred miles of gravel/sand/forest roads this summer so it might have a purpose.
Ā 
Not sure if I can overcome my loathing of all things beak.
Ā 
For example:
dl650xal5_beak.jpg
Ā 
Why god, why?Ā  :(
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
The first time I saw the FJ09, my imagination compared it to the Knight Fury dragon in the movie "How to train your dragon".
Ā 
Hiccup_Toothless_how_to_train_your_dragon_962623.jpg
Ā 
Ā 
FJ_09_black.jpg
Ā 
However, I see the beak more like this:
Ā 
Ā 
124784489_PLBJGVhb.jpg
Ā 
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch