To beak or not to beak .....

Ah ok. Both those make sense. I think it would look good though. Maybe combined with a dirt bike style front brake line mount and a rad guard? idk just curious.
And, you still need a fender.  I don't think the beak provides any protection of water spray coming up through the fork tube opening.  Would be pretty messy in the rain. 

i didnt even think about that. That make sense. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Quick update powerbronze uk are giving 10%discount on all its sales........
Curse/Thank you. Beak on order as this tipped me over the edge.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member

... I decided to beak!  One of the many things I originally liked about the FJ was no beak, but this Powerbronze unit looks really nice! (IMHO)(YMMV)

4908055.jpg

4908053.jpg

4908057.jpg

4908056.jpg

• Premium Member
WhaHoo! I went to Powerbronze.com and found it for $165.00. So I ordered one! Plus $10.00 shipping in the USA! ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

I should state that since adding the beak to my bike I have experienced women getting out of their cars when stopped at traffic lights to slip me their phone numbers, bartenders waving me off when I start to pay for my drinks, and my arthritic foot has miraculously healed. Not sure there is a direct causal relationship, but the facts - so to say - speak for themselves.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and 2018 Yamaha XSR700

Guest highplainsrider
I should state that since adding the beak to my bike I have experienced women getting out of their cars when stopped at traffic lights to slip me their phone numbers, bartenders waving me off when I start to pay for my drinks, and my arthritic foot has miraculously healed. Not sure there is a direct causal relationship, but the facts - so to say - speak for themselves.
Ha - I have a Dainese leather jacket that has the same effect. I had to take the passenger footpegs off to keep my marriage intact.

Hmmm. How can I get one of these beak-like devices? ?
Keep Asheville weird!

I use mods that have a practical purpose .. though I do like and choose those that I think make the bike look better too 8-) .

I can spend a few bucks on something that's purely cosmetic, but these cost (on special) $250 + shipping over here.   I've seen a couple of posts that say things like .. makes girls get out of cars to talk to you! and I'd be really interested in that if I thought it might work ... and, umm, if I weren't married, but is there a practical purpose to a beak ?