Resetting Tripmeter Issue

tinkerfreak

I am not sure if my brain is getting mushy but I can't seem to get the tripmeters to reset, I have no issues getting to the correct display screen but as the OM and SM state " To reset a tripmeter, use the select switch to select the information display that contains the tripmeter. Push the RESET button briefly so that the tripmeter flashes , and then push the RESET button again for at least 2 seconds", when I go to the appropriate display panel the tripmeter #1 is already flashing and nothing happens when I push the RESET button, no how, same thing if I toggle to the tripmeter #2 or any of the other function for that matter. The only way I have been able to RESET is by hitting All Reset on the Menu but that zero's out both tripmeters which messes up my fuel averaging mileage.

Anyone else have or hear of this issue before? Not really keen on taking this up with the dealer cause my last discussion with the mech at the dealer did not leave me with a warm fuzzy.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

I sometimes find the button a little fickle when pushing it to reset. Have found that if I don't push it exactly in the middle the trip won't reset (frustrating with gloves on), but it does reset.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Premium Member
I sometimes find the button a little fickle when pushing it to reset. Have found that if I don't push it exactly in the middle the trip won't reset (frustrating with gloves on), but it does reset. 

I have had the same experience as kimmie - it is fickle, and sometimes I have to push the button a few times, but it eventually works for me

I have had the same experience as kimmie - it is fickle, and sometimes I have to push the button a few times, but it eventually works for me
Well, I have pushed the reset in the middle, at either end and with both fingers in unison at both ends. I have done quick jabs and long jabs and nothing seems to work except for the All Reset and then the reset button works just fine. 
I quess I will have to drop in on the dealer and ask WTF.

Thanks for the input

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same experience regarding the reset function.  I generally lhave to press it 4 or 5 times to get the trip meter to start flashing.  This happens even though I take my gloves off to perform the reset.  My bike is the 2015 model.

• Premium Member
I have the same experience regarding the reset function.  I generally lhave to press it 4 or 5 times to get the trip meter to start flashing.  This happens even though I take my gloves off to perform the reset.  My bike is the 2015 model.
It's a feature of the bike. I suspect the designer of that button had a Sinclair ZX Spectrum as a child which is still in daily use and thinks something with a positive click like an IBM Model M keyboard is the spawn of the devil. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

i usually have to hit the reset twice to start it blinking and a 2 second hold to reset. P{ushing twice has worked 90% of the time for me, I assume the other ones are just fat fingered.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

OK, so I went up to the dealer and the mechanic gives me that look of disbelief and proceeds to hit the reset button at least 30 times and nothing doing, so he drags the bike inside and I head out grab a coffee. When I get back the bike is outside and the boot over the reset button is torn. Luckily for me the salesman was there when I brought it in and he tried it first before the mech got involved so he verified for me to the Service Manager that the boot was not torn when I first showed up, so kudo's to the salesman. The Service Manager told me he would order a replacement dash for me which was available in 5 days, installation completed and now the tear free reset button works a charm.

Cheers

A little extreme of the service manager to damage something in an attempt to rectify the issue - plus for you, you now have a working reset button (hopefully replaced under warrantee).

Glad you go it sorted.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Archived