Woolich Racing - WRT

Do Not (if you want your FJ to run correctly on the road at various elevations/temperatures, etc.) have the O2 sensor defeated with a ECU flash! My first flash had that done, & it ran like complete crap & mileage dropped into the high 30's. Sent it back, had nothing re-done except the O2 sensor was undefeated and it runs properly.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This is a revamp of this thread...
https://www.woolichracing.com/products/yamaha/mt-09-tracer/yamaha-mt-09-tracer-ecu-flashing.aspx#productTable

First is the Woolich tuning software which is similar to FlashTune...allows you/tuner adjust fuel, timing, import outside mappings, etc...

Second is the Race Kit(hardware)..this is an additional feature you can purchase which consists of a QuickShifter for up/down and GP style pattern as well LaunchControl...

At first I contacted Nels at 2WDW and asked if he had experience with Woolich, sure enough he did and that began the first FZ/FJ-09 Woolich 2WDW tune...

The first step I did was have Woolich send the ECU keys to 2WDW account or you can buy the DIY kit Woolich offers in which they email you the keys...Since I also order the Race Kit they sent me the QS and the shift rod which was produced by Cordona

Second step was Nels loaded the reflashed stock tune since I still had the stock exhaust and left the Race Kit default settings as is... I usec this setup for about 1500miles in 1 month before winter hit and it worked like a champ...

The third step we talked about exhaust choices and sure enough Graves Exhaust was on my top 3 list... The factor that pushed me to use the Graves Exhaust was the fact there was a FZ-09 shop bike with the Graves Exhaust... Sent my ECU back mid winter to be installed on the FZ-09 to create a Graves Exhaust tune...

Got the ECU back about 1.5months ago and have been enjoying it since and was notified by a random motorist at the gas pump who happened to be behind me one day a few weeks ago tell me my bike shoots a nice purtty little blue flame when I shift!!! Nels was able to put 120whp down!!!!

The only little hiccup I had was with the actual QS wiring which got damaged, I only just noticed the damage last week after a heavy rain storm, made the bike run funny till I pulled into a parking lot to disconnect the QS which solved the funny bike behavior instantly...

If you crash and wreck the QS it will cost you the price of a new one...
If you need repair work to the hardware only Cordona is allowed to repair/modify it, Woolich contracts Cordona to build the hardware...repair prices start at 60€
If it deemed defective and new one will be sent
If it is deemed exchangeable it cost 80€

Now im in the process picking out a suspension set up... Stock suspension works just fine for regular usage for me as far as my knowledge/experience tells me...it just feels a bit bleh at 8k-9krpm which is peak torque range, the bike suspension feels overwhelmed by how quick/powerful the upward gyroscope like forces of the motors rotating mass at that rpm speed if that makes sense making the front end slowly extended upward till the forks top out...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Prices I paid, may or may not be the same for all...
Woolich Race Kit: $435
Woolich software key: $100
2WDW tune: $249* because I already purchased the software key and had Woolich send it to 2WDW account
Graves Exhaust: $1000 https://fj-09.org/post/55592
Healtech Shift Light: $125 https://fj-09.org/thread/5170/healtech-shift-light-pro?page=1&scrollTo=59498...this is not needed but it helps out ?

The reason I choose Woolich kit was the prices was very similar to FlashTune and its QS... The price difference was $125 more, not including the shift light, for the Woolich kit...the decision was made final due to Woolich allowed quick down shifts and LaunchControl which FlashTune lacked as far as I know... 

There is nothing wrong with FlashTune by any means its just Woolich offered a better deal in my book... 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived