New Colors for 2017 Yamaha's

and new features... sound goods...

Advanced electronic controls
For effective operation in different conditions, you can select any one of the three D-MODE running modes. The 3-mode Traction Control System (TCS) gives added confidence on slippery surfaces, while the ABS prevents accidental wheel lock up when braking. And with the wiring already in place, it's easy to fit an optional Quick Shifter System.

• Premium Member
Today Yamaha has added to their European site the MT 09 Tracer "Assist and Slipper (A&S) clutch".

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/sport-touring/tracer-900.aspx?view=featurestechspecs

Also on the green Tracer there is something on the left side of the handlebar that I cannot find in the "Features" section.

Today Yamaha has added to their European site the MT 09 Tracer "Assist and Slipper (A&S) clutch". 
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/sport-touring/tracer-900.aspx?view=featurestechspecs

Also on the green Tracer there is something on the left side of the handlebar that I cannot find in the "Features" section.
My guess is a switch for the fog lights...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

My guess is a switch for the fog lights...
Yup, it's that. 
21958167_7.jpg

---

I think the silver under seat panels on the blue bike don't look right.

I'm new here so sorry if i'm missing something! I've just bought a new Tracer, new to Yams!

I noticed on the EU site (im in the UK) that one of the features on the 2017 Tracer is the wiring already there for a quickshifter, so it just plugs in. The 2016 bikes haven't got this have they? Would be ace if they did!

"...And with the wiring already in place, it's easy to fit an optional Quick Shifter System."

I'm new here so sorry if i'm missing something! I've just bought a new Tracer, new to Yams!  
I noticed on the EU site (im in the UK) that one of the features on the 2017 Tracer is the wiring already there for a quickshifter, so it just plugs in. The 2016 bikes haven't got this have they? Would be ace if they did!

"...And with the wiring already in place, it's easy to fit an optional Quick Shifter System."
There are already aftermarket quick shifters for the FZ/FJ/MT-09 that just plug into wiring harnesses that talk to the ECU - so yes our bikes probably will support it (unless Yamaha came up with a completely new connector for it). 
However, this must be accompanied by corresponding support in the ECU.  So you'd probably need an ECU flash, making it not quite so plug-and-play.

There are already aftermarket quick shifters for the FZ/FJ/MT-09 that just plug into wiring harnesses that talk to the ECU - so yes our bikes probably will support it (unless Yamaha came up with a completely new connector for it). 
However, this must be accompanied by corresponding support in the ECU.  So you'd probably need an ECU flash, making it not quite so plug-and-play.

Oh lovely. Nice one. So its not that much different then, not a game changer.

So do we know where this plug is? 

Would be nice to have a QS. ECU reflash is also on the cards anyway ;)

Cheers. 

On the uk website the bikes name has changed from mt 09 tracer, to tracer 900. 

They did that when the Tracer 700 came out.  I guess they're kind of building Tracer into a sub-brand like Kawaski did with Versys. 
The Tracer branding is weird to me.  It doesn't seem like a particularly cool word and I have no clue what it's supposed to mean in the context.

As cheesy as those commercials are, they have some incredibly nice rolling shots.

• Premium Member
On the uk website the bikes name has changed from mt 09 tracer, to tracer 900. 

They did that when the Tracer 700 came out.  I guess they're kind of building Tracer into a sub-brand like Kawaski did with Versys. 
The Tracer branding is weird to me.  It doesn't seem like a particularly cool word and I have no clue what it's supposed to mean in the context.

As cheesy as those commercials are, they have some incredibly nice rolling shots.
there is rarely any logic in any of the names chosen from European languages by Japanese makers - Mitsubishi chose Pajero (Spanish for wanker) for a 4x4...  
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

there is rarely any logic in any of the names chosen from European languages by Japanese makers - Mitsubishi chose Pajero (Spanish for wanker) for a 4x4...  
The Mitsubishi Pajero (/pəˈdʒɛroʊ/; Spanish: [paˈxeɾo]; Japanese パジェロ [padʑeɽo]) is a sport utility vehicle manufactured by Mitsubishi. It was named after Leopardus pajeros, the Pampas cat, which is native to the Patagonia plateau region of southern Argentina. 
Sometimes if we go beyond slang we find the real meaning of a word.

Archived