New Colors for 2017 Yamaha's

There are already aftermarket quick shifters for the FZ/FJ/MT-09 that just plug into wiring harnesses that talk to the ECU - so yes our bikes probably will support it (unless Yamaha came up with a completely new connector for it). 
However, this must be accompanied by corresponding support in the ECU.  So you'd probably need an ECU flash, making it not quite so plug-and-play.

[a style=margin:15px 0px;padding:10px 20px;text-align:center;border-radius:5px;text-decoration:none;background-color:rgb(0, 0, 0);opacity:0.5;" href="http://fj-09.org/post/48878/quote/4305#]tZow8hc.png[/a]Not so sure about needing an ECU flash.  I installed (then removed) an Annitori QS without the need, at least according to Annitori and my experience[span] [/span], for an ECU flash.  I don't even think the QS "talked" with the ECU - it simply interrupts ignition signals to the sparkplug/coils for a time (in milliseconds) you program through the QS control module. 

There are already aftermarket quick shifters for the FZ/FJ/MT-09 that just plug into wiring harnesses that talk to the ECU - so yes our bikes probably will support it (unless Yamaha came up with a completely new connector for it). 
However, this must be accompanied by corresponding support in the ECU.  So you'd probably need an ECU flash, making it not quite so plug-and-play.

Not so sure about needing an ECU flash.  I installed (then removed) an Annitori QS without the need, at least according to Annitori and my experience[span] [/span], for an ECU flash.  I don't even think the QS "talked" with the ECU - it simply interrupts ignition signals to the sparkplug/coils for a time (in milliseconds) you program through the QS control module. 
Ok fair enough.  The one I saw, which was from Graves, worked with the ECU.  They even make it sound like it's option you just have to flip on through an ECU flasher.  (Perhaps Yamaha always had plans to release a quick shifter and built in software support for it, but didn't get around to doing the parts for it until now.) 
http://www.gravesport.com/FlashTune-ECU-Type-16-FZ-09-MT-09-Super-Tenere.html

I'd like to think the official Yamaha unit will work with the ECU as that seems a bit "cleaner" than directly messing with ignition.

Not so sure about needing an ECU flash.  I installed (then removed) an Annitori QS without the need, at least according to Annitori and my experience[span] [/span], for an ECU flash.  I don't even think the QS "talked" with the ECU - it simply interrupts ignition signals to the sparkplug/coils for a time (in milliseconds) you program through the QS control module. 
Ok fair enough.  The one I saw, which was from Graves, worked with the ECU.  They even make it sound like it's option you just have to flip on through an ECU flasher.  (Perhaps Yamaha always had plans to release a quick shifter and built in software support for it, but didn't get around to doing the parts for it until now.) 
http://www.gravesport.com/FlashTune-ECU-Type-16-FZ-09-MT-09-Super-Tenere.html

I'd like to think the official Yamaha unit will work with the ECU as that seems a bit "cleaner" than directly messing with ignition.

Maybe they kept it to themselves for a few years then added it to the 2017 as an option to boost sales? Abit of a sweetener so to speak. 

I'd be interested to see what it turns out to be. If its just plug in and reflash the ECU im all over it like a rash. If we're splicing looms.. im not too fussed. 

Annitori QS..I have one in my fz-07... it's simply plug and play aND hook up power...then you can use the phone app to adjust the kill times...it still allows normal shifting...it works by cutting out ignition for a split sec to allow the shift to happen...if you got the kill time to quick the bike will do a little mini wheelie when shifting via QS, too long of a kill time the bike feel like slowing down then pick up speed...just do not adjust the RFX value per Annitori...replacement sensors are $90...you can take the QS off the fz-07 and use it on the fz/fj-09 with nothing extra needed...

Annitori uses the same kit for the fz-07 and fz/fj-09... with the fz-07 you tape off the extra connection...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived