Has anyone installed a Speedohealer or Yellowbox?

Dark&Stormy

• Premium Member
I was just wondering if anyone has successfully installed a speed correcting device such as a Speedohealer or Yellrbox? I realize the bike has two speed sensors.

according to my gps my bike is usually only off by between 1&2 mph. Not that big a deal to me.

Let’s go Brandon

Guest reeseyboy
I was just wondering if anyone has successfully installed a speed correcting device such as a Speedohealer or Yellrbox? I realize the bike has two speed sensors.
according to my gps my bike is usually only off by between 1&2 mph. Not that big a deal to me.
Mine is out by 10% across the range. 

Guest reeseyboy
Mine is out by 10% across the range. 
Wow! I wonder why?
I'm not on my own with this. There was a discussion on the Tracer Facebook page this evening about this and the consensus was that it reads over by approx 10% when checked against GPS

My Tracer speedo was reading 7% fast across the speed range. I had a Speedohealer kicking around so decided to fit it to the Tracer.  It's not "plug and play". You need to splice into the wiring loom at the ECU plug, where the front wheel pulse sensor feeds into the ECU. It works perfectly. Speedo is now 100% accurate by GPS, which is the way I like it.  

Here are the instructions provided to me by the techos at Healtech UK. The SH-U01 kit is simply a cable that plugs into the Speedohealer with no plugs or connectors on the bike end. It's designed for permanent connection into the pulse line, 12v+ and earth.

Here is how to install the SH-U01 kit on the MT-09 ABS:

1) Find, and cut the White/Yellow (speed signal) wire at the ECU connector. This is a white wire with thin yellow stripe.
2) Splice the Green SH wire to the White/Yellow wire end, which is at the ECU box side.
3) Splice the White SH wire to the White/Yellow wire end, which is at the wiring harness side.
4) Splice the Black SH wire to chassis ground, or the negative battery terminal.
5) Splice the Red SH wire to any +12V switched power lead (e.g. around the fusebox), or to the Red/White ECU wire.

The install took me a couple hours, with some fiddling around with a soldering iron and very small cables. Well worth the effort however.  

My Tracer speedo was reading 7% fast across the speed range. I had a Speedohealer kicking around so decided to fit it to the Tracer.  It's not "plug and play". You need to splice into the wiring loom at the ECU plug, where the front wheel pulse sensor feeds into the ECU. It works perfectly. Speedo is now 100% accurate by GPS, which is the way I like it.   
Here are the instructions provided to me by the techos at Healtech UK. The SH-U01 kit is simply a cable that plugs into the Speedohealer with no plugs or connectors on the bike end. It's designed for permanent connection into the pulse line, 12v+ and earth.

Here is how to install the SH-U01 kit on the MT-09 ABS:

1) Find, and cut the White/Yellow (speed signal) wire at the ECU connector. This is a white wire with thin yellow stripe.
2) Splice the Green SH wire to the White/Yellow wire end, which is at the ECU box side.
3) Splice the White SH wire to the White/Yellow wire end, which is at the wiring harness side.
4) Splice the Black SH wire to chassis ground, or the negative battery terminal.
5) Splice the Red SH wire to any +12V switched power lead (e.g. around the fusebox), or to the Red/White ECU wire.

The install took me a couple hours, with some fiddling around with a soldering iron and very small cables. Well worth the effort however.  
Good stuff.  If anyone else does this, could pictures be included?

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased a Yellrbox V5 out of Australia its essentially the same thing as a speedohealer. When it came to installing the device I emailed Yellr's support team. The FJ09 does not have a speed sensor on the front sprocket and this essentially threw a bit of a curve ball to the team at yellr who apparently have no experience installing this device on a bike with ABS. I had to use the installation instructions from Speedohealer's webpage, and in doing so my bike now has a front wheel speed sensor error code 069 that will not clear itself :S

Did you get a 069 front speed sensor fault when you installed this? 

• Premium Member
question? would splicing in the device that corrects your speedometer jack with your traction control? Since the sensor is "corrected" on the front wheel but not on the rear?

Let’s go Brandon

Archived