FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
The new toy parked at work :)

IMG_1211.jpg

Hollywood Hills on the way to work

IMG_1280.jpg

Chadman http://www.twistypedia.com
The roster: '79 Honda XL 125 '83, Honda Ascot VT500, '84 Kawasaki GPz 550, '83 Honda VF700, '86 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '87 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, '84 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '96 Honda CBR600F, '98 Kawasaki ZX-7R, '85 Kawasaki Ninja 600, '01 Suzuki GSX-R 750, '16 Yamaha FJ-09, '15 Yamaha FJR1300ES, KTM 1290 Super Duke GT

• Premium Member
Hey fanowater,  nice pic, nostalgic for me...as I worked at Glacier Park hotel in the summer way back when...and it is truly marvelous and awesome beauty there...and it rains really hard as I recall :) 
My one-day-goal is to ride to Glacier Park Montana  one summer and stay at the hotel [Many Glacier or St. Mary's]...and not be the bellman or the kitchen staff...and just ride around and enjoy the awesome beauty :D ...and perhaps cross  into Canada for the afternoon...

Southern Cal. to Montana...what a ride...one day.

bl_and_wh_hidden_lake_kathryn_arnold_glacier_nat.jpg

Glacier would be an awesome place to work.  That is a nice picture!  i will need to keep going back until i have hiked all the trails there. Cheers
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• 1 month later...
I popped up to see Richard at RKA yesterday. I left with his largest three point tank bag and headed home via Calistoga, Pope Valley, and Lake Berryessa which has water again! It was my first time back there since our rainy winter and it was beautiful.
eaacad69e66a665d4acc512031cd1b4e.jpg

• Premium Member
20170420_134305_1.jpg

Sunshine Coast hinterland, not quite the road we were looking for,

I need to take some better photo's

Is that from a rock or was someone shooting at you, trespassing can be dangerous sometimes.
BLB

Just a rock, I hadn't upset anybody that much that they felt the need to shoot at me, not that day anyway,

Worst part is the rock was simply flung from the front tyre, I didn't actually hit the sump on anything.

Fastest speed I was doing on the dirt road would have been 80 km/h (50 mph) but most of the time I was closer to 50 km/h (30 mph), imho that's slow for a rock to come off the front tyre and hole the sump.

I was riding with a friend on an MT09, his bike was still ok when I noticed this damage to mine, he went into the nearest town and bought me some stuff to fix it. By the time I got going and we both got into town he also had a hole in his sump plus a slowly deflating rear tyre

• Premium Member
Just a rock, I hadn't upset anybody that much that they felt the need to shoot at me, not that day anyway, 
Worst part is the rock was simply flung from the front tyre, I didn't actually hit the sump on anything.

Fastest speed I was doing would have been 80 km/h (50 mph) but most of the time I was closer to 50 km/h (30 mph), imho that's slow for a rock to come off the front tyre and hole the sump.

I was riding with a friend on an MT09, his bike was still ok when I noticed this, he went into the nearest town and bought me some stuff to fix this. By the time I got going and we both got into town he also had a hole in his sump plus a slowly deflating rear tyre
 Sounds like you guys had an exciting day.  Those oil pans are very thin and cast from a very brittle grade of aluminum like I've never seen before. When I went to cut the little drain plug guard off the bottom of mine it just shattered lnto pieces like it was made of glass. 
BLB

• Premium Member
I popped up to see Richard at RKA yesterday. I left with his largest three point tank bag and headed home via Calistoga, Pope Valley, and Lake Berryessa which has water again! It was my first time back there since our rainy winter and it was beautiful. eaacad69e66a665d4acc512031cd1b4e.jpg

Hmmm. I have that bag... but with the "In-Charge" brackets and wiring on my Yamaha Super Tenere. I never tried it on my FJ-09. I guess I should. ?

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650