FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member
@cuff - Nice photography!  The short screen and relocated mirrors really change the visuals of the front of the bike...  I like the semi-streetfighter look. 

"TK-421, why aren't you at your post?"  :)

Thx Tex. Not happy about the fuzzy pics after resizing. Hard to post raw photos' though. lol

I'm a huge fan of bar end mirrors. When they're up high and out in front I find myself always looking at them. Just me but it's distracting. Before the top case I also had an even smaller windscreen I made and carbon wrapped. With the mirrors turned down and the smaller windscreen it looked even more like a street fighter/supermoto. Finding this bike has everything I wanted in my Versys 650 back in '08. More engine, little bigger, better suspension, wider rear tire.... Love it.

Still new to the FJ and this forum but thought I would post some pics I took last night while out on a midnight ride through the Fraser Valley and Vancouver. Some of the 'touch-ups' I've added are: Preload adjusters, grill guard, LED fog light, dark windscreen cut down, steering damper, frame slider, spool and rear seat sliders, top box and rack (painted to match), mirror eliminators, shorty levers, Ram mounts, case guards, large side stand foot pad, homemade tail tidy, bar end mirrors, some graphics work. I've also added a full exhaust from eBay. Seller posted this system as "NOT FOR TRACER" so I accepted the challenge ;-). Took only minor adjustment and some shimming along with manipulating the muffler hanger bracket. No cutting required. Anyway, here are some of the pics. MJfAFge.jpg
mbSbpLG.jpg
ypUtecN.jpg
CEq18kf.jpg
8FxHjqk.jpg
XGTwXKw.jpg
adTJEH6.jpg
vQ2gaok.jpg
kXq7gFn.jpg
siilAZk.jpg
bGeuIpp.jpg
2nFs08B.jpg
FHSurO9.jpg
upVsCLg.jpg
RCbXKBE.jpg
eZclnnq.jpg
r40xjts.jpg
UKjo8cL.jpg

Still new to the FJ and this forum but thought I would post some pics I took last night while out on a midnight ride through the Fraser Valley and Vancouver. Some of the 'touch-ups' I've added are: Preload adjusters, grill guard, LED fog light, dark windscreen cut down, steering damper, frame slider, spool and rear seat sliders, top box and rack (painted to match), mirror eliminators, shorty levers, Ram mounts, case guards, large side stand foot pad, homemade tail tidy, bar end mirrors, some graphics work. I've also added a full exhaust from eBay. Seller posted this system as "NOT FOR TRACER" so I accepted the challenge ;-). Took only minor adjustment and some shimming along with manipulating the muffler hanger bracket. No cutting required. Anyway, here are some of the pics. MJfAFge.jpg
mbSbpLG.jpg
ypUtecN.jpg
CEq18kf.jpg
8FxHjqk.jpg
XGTwXKw.jpg
adTJEH6.jpg
vQ2gaok.jpg
kXq7gFn.jpg
siilAZk.jpg
bGeuIpp.jpg
2nFs08B.jpg
FHSurO9.jpg
upVsCLg.jpg
RCbXKBE.jpg
eZclnnq.jpg
r40xjts.jpg
UKjo8cL.jpg

Cuff: 
Really like the LED Light Bar.  

Do you have a link for it?
Is it all Fog Lights are a mix?
Brackets?

Any suggestions are links appreciated.

Thanks

The lights are just fog but they do have a little bit of directionality. Chepo 18w eBay units that are hella-bright. I made a bracket out of some aluminum angle stock I had lying around and attached that to the two bracket holes in the lower fork yolk. Just replaced the factory bolts with some longer ss hex bolts and made aluminum spacers out of 5/8" tubing. The spacer on the clutch (left) side of the bike needs to be a little shorter due to it attaching the horn bracket to the yolk along with the other line brackets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-18W-LED-Flood-Work-Light-Bar-Driving-Lamp-Fog-Off-Road-SUV-Car-Truck-SALE/173383657076?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D52885%26meid%3D2ba6b29b36c7404693646b49a2c3b491%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D123159001339%26itm%3D173383657076&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

@cuff - Looks really nice. I like the white FJ and the white rim stripes really complete the look.
Thx. I've done those stripes on a few bikes. Easy to do and I like the looks.  I was going to do the 'Yamaha' stripes but there just didn't seem like enough room.image043.jpg 

• Premium Member

What wind screen is this? Do you have a link? Im thinking of getting a "sport screen" and a "touring screen" and may have found the SPORT! ;D

I believe that is a Ermax sport screen in dark black - https://www.motomachines.com/ermax-sport-screen-windshield-35cm-for-yamaha-fj-09

It does look good doesn't it. I may end up trying this one out too... I have the touring version and a Cal-sci shorty but this looks better than the Calsci

Yup it's ermax sport screen. And I prefer this one to the original. More wind in helmet area but no buffering.

Honda CB600F Hornet 2008; KTM LC4 640 SM Prestige 2007; Kawasaki Z1000 2007; Honda CB1000R 2010; BMW R1200GS 2010; Yamaha Tracer 900GT 2018; Yamaha TDM900 2002; Kawasaki KLX230 2020; KTM 690 Enduro R 2022: Bold = current