FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member

Very cool @jdavis!  If you followed the 500 GP series around the turn of the century, it would be impossible to not remember Garry McCoy.  In the pre-traction-control 2-stroke era, he was always exciting to watch!  And by all accounts a genuinely nice guy...  :)

• Like 1

Where is that cafe, John - I must get out there soon?   Looks like towards Kingaroy or thereabouts...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

I remember him well too the slyde king little Jockie you see his Leathers on the wall I couldn't fit my left leg in them

A lot of great Racers from Down Under incredible really considering the size of the population including New Zealand

Always wanted to get down there particularly New Zealand but I doubt it will ever happen I've got enough on my bucket list here in the US I haven't done

20180908_162036.jpg

20170704_185801.jpg

20170813_173634.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

39 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I remember him well too the slyde king little Jockie you see his Leathers on the wall I couldn't fit my left leg in them

A lot of great Racers from Down Under incredible really considering the size of the population including New Zealand

Always wanted to get down there particularly New Zealand but I doubt it will ever happen I've got enough on my bucket list here in the US I haven't done

20180908_162036.jpg

20170704_185801.jpg

20170813_173634.jpg

Great lookin' bike and set-up, five.

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

9 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Where is that cafe, John - I must get out there soon?   Looks like towards Kingaroy or thereabouts...

Cooya. Its the old Servo across from the Pub. Cooya is between Yarraman and Crowsnest on the New England Hwy.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 8/9/2019 at 8:16 PM, wordsmith said:

Great lookin' bike and set-up, five.

Thanks!  It is!

What is "Five", 2015?

I have the Givi barn door screen and mid-height DB both with top spoilers in addition to the bikini screen shown, OEM heated grips, Sargent, stomp grips, R1 220 mm rotors & radial MC, Matt's fork cartridges and K-Tech Razor R shock, ECU flash, SW-Mototech Engage TB, plus a whole bunch of other little mods that make an even better lightweight sport tourer with heavy emphasis on sport.

Just wish I had time to ride it more, only 31,000 miles in first 2 years (bought it new in 16 but didn't ride it much in 18 or so far in 19).

You're supposed to slow down at 65 and enjoy Medicare and retirement but I'm working harder physically now than ever!

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Oh I finally got it I'm really getting thick

Join the club!!!

• 2 weeks later...