FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member

Interesting, don't think I've ever heard let alone seen a front mc blow like that. You were lucky! I was never happy with the front brakes, so I installed R1 320 mm rotors, EBC HH+ pads, and most importantly, a 14 or 15 R1 radial master cyLinder and Spiegler front and rear stainless lines...

• Premium Member

@GroggyWeenis thanks. Sad thing is I'm supposed to be on the Natchez Trace riding with my oldest son. 😡

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

Local ride. Yesterday we went out for about an hour by the local flood control lake. Lots of motorcycle riders. Mostly single riders, but one group with maybe 9 bikes all packed together with no social distancing at a single gas pump. 

The new normal is weird. Without thinking I went to give a gloved fist bump but got rejected.

20200503_142845.thumb.jpg.8531cf493500bdf4e53fe7b409488f44.jpg

20200503_152934.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

The new normal is weird. Without thinking I went to give a gloved fist bump but got rejected.

Happened to me several times. If I remember mid-fist bump I will try to extend my elbow and play it off like I'm trying to do an elbow bump. People still elbow bump.

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member

I've been riding throughout but last Saturday, a glorious day (low 70s, even installed the mid-height screen from the barn door Givi), it seemed every mother's son (and daughter) was out on their Hogs (and not one acknowledged my existence).  Social distancing was attempted, if half heartedly, but how is that done with a group ride of at least 40??

I was supposed to me a fellow forum member from outside Beertown but Doh! I forgot my wallet and had to turn around and though he couldn't wait, he did offer me a rain check (again, sorry Bob!).

Worst part about all this insanity is that unless you're at a gas station that allows toilet privileges (and not all do) or the very rare take-out joint, finding a domesticated place to void let alone defecate is nigh impossible.  Most often your only choice is a secluded road side stop, and they sometimes are not easy to find WHEN you need one.  I'm adding TP to my riding kit!! 😷 I hope things open up before the mosquitos are out in force!  And this is especially serious for those with prostate issues!!  Need to remember to put down the side stand first before hopping off, which with how bad my sciatica has been, is painfully slow and awkward.

If you look background, you'll see the Hogites swarming at the spankin new East Troy Kwik Stop...thank goodness for the Burlington School Forest trail head (no school within 5 miles and no outhouse either) I knew existed for my return leg!  The WI state parks were back open but NOT their primitive "facilities"?  Why?  No personnel to clean them?  What do they expect you to do (pun) if they are open?

20200502_130315.jpg

20200502_170038.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, enx said:

beautiful day yesterday

While we had beautiful weather as well and I was able to get a 350 mile ride in with my brother, it was also the first weekend after our state loosened up stay at home restrictions for outdoor recreation...  What an absolute SH!T SHOW!!!  Every body and their brother was out in hordes, the roads were clogged with trucks pulling boat trailers, jet ski's, RV/s, quads, dirtbikes etc. And of course the biker clubs were out riding like idiots, 20-30 riders in groups swerving in and out of traffic at close to 100mph and passing on blind corners.

Fortunately I was able to get out earlier in the week and do long solo rides while everyone else was at work, I was able to ride just over 1200 miles this week. 👍

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
59 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

5/17/2020 - Brazoria County, Texas Gulf Coast. 

0EAA3070-70EC-4DFC-8130-F4ED955FB111.thumb.jpeg.cab048bf7ef862606970402032b763db.jpeg

75B997D2-E62F-4A68-B632-185740DDB619.thumb.jpeg.f9fd6067c3b3d2ed45c05bed56de6cc1.jpeg

The road surface does appear to be quite coarse, I wonder if that contributed the bizarre wear on your Michelins.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Last weekend I got in 300 miles each day in south central Ohio.  I rode with two different groups and had a picnic lunch on the same table each day.  Rode by the Otway Bridge the first day and had to check it out the second.

otway bridge.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise