FJ-09 Photo Thread

On 5/17/2020 at 10:56 PM, texscottyd said:

5FB0D3FA-1409-46C4-9DA4-B0D38AE3445F.thumb.jpeg.1116b8817fe719927bf11bbca9ffaae5.jpeg

This one made me laugh so hard. I may even have this as my laptop wallpaper for a while. 😂😂

• Thumbsup 3
  • Haha 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, BBB said:

This one made me laugh so hard. I may even have this as my laptop wallpaper for a while. 😂😂

Apparently you can buy redemption, for the asking price of $119/sq ft.   :D 

Feel free to use as you wish...  I obviously got a laugh out of it, too.  I can send you the full sized original; PM if you’re interested. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Apparently you can buy redemption, for the asking price of $119/sq ft.

Martin Luther just rolled in his grave 😂🤣

(Not the civil rights activist, the founder of the Lutheranism)

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, koth442 said:

Martin Luther just rolled in his grave 😂🤣

(Not the civil rights activist, the founder of the Lutheranism)

It’s the unclear punctuation and grammar that made me laugh...  “Gods Temple”

Is it: 
a) The temple of one god, who apparently needs to buy an apostrophe from Vanna White?  
b) The single temple of multiple gods?  This could lead to all kinds of lien issues when trying to secure title insurance for the property deed.   

These are the type of things that rattle around inside my head when I have too much free time...  :) 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Got up to cheesehead land made it up into the mid-to-high 60s but was overcast and sprinkled a bit soon as I got back over the Illinois state line sky turned blue and the sun came out

One of my favorite spots up in La Grange Wisconsin called back yard bikes General Store right on H at the bottom of Kettle Moraine is still closed the owner's son said they may be opening next week for food had to eat in Palmyra at the kettle hill grill but the new owners don't know how to make food

well at least my sciatica wasn't terrible it's just getting on and off particularly off that's a real problem

The rear RS3 still has on it but it has less miles than the front so I'm planning on lowering the rear ride height by shortening the length on the razor r when I change the rubber and at the same time Lube the swingarm and shock linkage

At least there's 91 octane premium in Palmyra for for $2:39 a gallon

20200522_135340.jpg

20200522_135336.jpg

20200522_175352.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Got up to cheesehead land made it up into the mid-to-high 60s but was overcast and sprinkled a bit soon as I got back over the Illinois state line sky turned blue and the sun came out.

A day on the bike with temperatures in the 60's is hard to beat. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I'm not complaining believe me but I like the Heat I used to live in San Diego and regularly went out to the desert and mountains where it can get pretty darn hot

Anzo Borrego, idlewild,  All American Canal near Yuma, Glamith, Salton Sea, etc

Now humidity I'm not big on but the heat doesn't bother me

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

well at least my sciatica wasn't terrible it's just getting on and off particularly off that's a real problem

So, 2and3, what's your trick to getting on and off to deal with your issues, if I may?   That's my problem too, unfortunately...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Here is a picture from today's ride. This is at Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas. This is about as good as the scenery gets in my area. There are better places in Texas but I'm restricted to no more than 4 hours away from my home by the military due to the Coronavirus. 

20200522-153310.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, wordsmith said:

So, 2and3, what's your trick to getting on and off to deal with your issues, if I may?   That's my problem too, unfortunately...

To get on, I put in on the center stand, left foot on left peg and step up while swinging right over to right peg and gently sit down.  Then lean off and place left foot on ground and push and rock forward off the centerstand.  It can take 2 or more attempts because the centerstand is reluctant to cooperate, and it can be frustrating, humorous and embarrassing but it works.

Getting off is reverse oorder but using the side stand.  I try not to, as I'm afraid the side stand will give way under my substantial girth due to metal fatigue and I'll end up in a heap with the FJ on top of me.  I also at gas fill ups stop next to and closer to the pump, put it on the side stand and lean left and put my left hand on the pump and lean on it for a reaction and balance point, as I find it really helps to then slide off.  Parking by a wall, fence, pole, etc works the same way.  The longer I ride a day, the harder it gets.

I take Celebrex twice a day and Tylonol EVERY 4 hours.  I've tried Meloxicam,  Gabapentin and most recently Pregabalin to no avail and to add insult to injury could not tolerate their side effects.  Tramadol makes me loopy and creates massive lòg jambs despite Metamucil AND Laxaclear, etc.

I've had a dozen steroidal epidurals under floriscope, both cervical and lumbar, nerve ablation,  dry needling (western medicine's version of acupuncture), and of course a lot of PT.

Just had a lumbar and thoracic MRI (2nd set in 16 months) so my pain MD and spine surgeon can assess a SCS implant and/or minimally invasive surgery.  L4&5 stenosis, ruptured/herniated disks, and much more and other lumbar discs PLUS C5&6 make my life SO much fun.  I sometimes can't walk 10 feet before one or both legs goes numb and tingle and burn, otherwise it's constant shocking, jolting pain hips through to toes both legs but the shocks up the inner thigh into the groin are the worst.  My neck isn't happy with riding either.

Then of course my left rotator cuff surgery was not totally successful and still thus also fun, so I've put off having my right done since 2010.  The arthritis in my clutch hand and right knee also add to the fun.  My torn tendons in both elbows and a dislocated thumb are but a comparative scratch (Think the Black Knight in "In Search of the Holy Grail)

But my prostititus and inability to fully void, and the numbness in the boiler room from the Alfuzosin are the whip cream and cherry on top of everything!  And when you HAVE to GO, trying to find a place to stop (not easy in these Covid19 times, even a secluded bush) and then struggling to get off the bike quickly and safely, then expose the necessary component with ATGATT on is SO much fun.  I see Depend Men's Fit-Flex Pull-Up in my near future, as they no longer make the Eazy-Leaker... 😥

Yeh, I know,  a LOT more information than you ever wanted or needed.  But at least I can reinforce the attage that the "Grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence", "It always could be worse", and as my favorite funny guy Mel Brooks said "Life Stinks!"  You got to laugh about it otherwise it'll drive you crazy!

And hey, It always could be worse and my life is better than the alternative...

• Sad 3

• Supporting Member

@2and3cylinders I'm going down the same road as you. I guess I'm lucky with the gabapentin and meloxicam they work for me. The gabapentin does have a bunch of nasty side effects, but luckily I have learned to live with them after almost  4 years. Tramadol and Celebrex did nothing to help, but Hydrocodone does with a lot of senokot to keep the plumbing moving. I'm rocking 12 plates 1 bridge and 24 screws in my neck, which left me with severe nerve damage on both side of my body. I also have  replacement knees and if memory serves me right ( another nice side effect of Gabapentin) another 12 pieces of assorted hardware. I wish you good luck with the doctors finding the problem and getting it fixed. As you say it's better than the alternative!👍

• Sad 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member

I'm not complaining believe me but I like the Heat I used to live in San Diego and regularly went out to the desert and mountains where it can get pretty darn hot

Anzo Borrego, idlewild,  All American Canal near Yuma, Glamith, Salton Sea, etc

Now humidity I'm not big on but the heat doesn't bother me

• Premium Member

Wow, sorry to hear!

That's why I don't want any hardware the risks and side effects really are a concern getting fused discs can have a zipper effect above and below the hardware

That's why a SCS and minimally invasive surgery anime only alternatives the implant masks the pain but doesn't do anything to prevent further degeneration which is why the minimally invasive surgery without Hardware is being considered look up hf10 it's a possible solution for you.

Thankfully Medicare should cover it but recovery is always a concern and it's the riding season dot-dot-dot good luck and try my methods for getting on and off for now it's the only solution other lowering rear ride height which has a compromise in terms of slowing steering

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Wow, sorry to hear!

That's why I don't want any hardware the risks and side effects really are a concern getting fused discs can have a zipper effect above and below the hardware

That's why a SCS and minimally invasive surgery anime only alternatives the implant masks the pain but doesn't do anything to prevent further degeneration which is why the minimally invasive surgery without Hardware is being considered look up hf10 it's a possible solution for you.

Thankfully Medicare should cover it but recovery is always a concern and it's the riding season dot-dot-dot good luck and try my methods for getting on and off for now it's the only solution other lowering rear ride height which has a compromise in terms of slowing steering

@2and3cylinders If you can do it with out a visit to the hardware store that is the way to go. I was told by the spinal surgeon after they found out what was wrong, ( that took 9 month of agony) that if I didn't get it done immediately I'd be in a wheel chair in 6 months. Recovery is what your attitude is going into it, The doctors told me that I would never be able to ride a motorcycle again, 3 months later I was riding. The only thing I had to give up was my BMW S1000rr and Buell 1125r, my hands would go numb after about 50 miles of riding and I could not ride them like I use to and wanted to. STAY POSITIVE!!! 

On a side note the bill for the surgery and all the after crap was well north of a 1,000,000 bucks:( thank God for Insurance;)

He who dies with the most toys wins.