FJ-09 Photo Thread

2 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

If a term is used, Pish is the preferred term in my immediate family but never piss! 

What does Pish mean in Scottish?

Translation: Urine. However, in Glasgow and other parts of Scotland, it's a common word for something that evokes a negative vibe. For instance, if the score at the football isnae going your way, 'it's a load of pish'.Jan 29, 2017

Super cool, I didn't know it came from hebrew (ivrit). I have learned quite a bit of hebrew over the years. My best friends live in Israel, and I visit as often as I can afford.
Pish has multiple meanings...

Pish off = beat it.
I need a pish = I need to urinate.
I'm pished = I am more than a little inebriated.
He's pish = he is rubbish (normally used in sports, like football)

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Stew said:

Super cool, I didn't know it came from hebrew (ivrit). I have learned quite a bit of hebrew over the years. My best friends live in Israel, and I visit as often as I can afford.
Pish has multiple meanings...

Pish off = beat it.
I need a pish = I need to urinate.
I'm pished = I am more than a little inebriated.
He's pish = he is rubbish (normally used in sports, like football)

Yes, same multiple meanings but it's not Hebrew, it's Yiddish, a "mongrel" language that is literally dying out.  There used to be dozens of Yiddish newspapers in NYC alone.  Very few speak it fluently now.

16 hours ago, stizo said:

HypDRNb.jpg

Oh man, that view brings back some memories... 

We used to go to Warton's after school for snacks. It was not uncommon to slam a whole pumpkin pie and then hit basketball practice an hour later!

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I love The Sweet Sound and smell of two-stroke twins. Can you guess what it is?  Another hint, my year is red too (all my bikes are) and has self-canceling turn signals

I'm assuming an RD350, but I have no idea about the self-canceling turn signals.   Red sounds right though, around 1974 or so? 

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

I'm assuming an RD350, but I have no idea about the self-canceling turn signals.   Red sounds right though, around 1974 or so? 

Red, I'm going with a Suzuki X7 250 , around 1980ish

• Premium Member

Unless my math skills are off, the sum of the two ages puts you at 1976-77. Which means being a Yamaha 2 cylinder 2 stroke could only mean the RD400 which was red with a slight orange tint with tube type cast aluminum wheels, single disc brake front and rear, oil injection, UJM standard comfortable ergonomics and self-canceling turn signals.  As I modded it back then, I have Clubman handlebars, Protopipe & Factory (name of company, not Yamaha) expansion chambers, rejetted Mikuni 28 mm slide type carburetors, Boysen fiber reed valve flappers, electronic ignition, revalved and sprung forks, emulsion twin shocks, swing arm copper bushings, Tommey siamese rubber intake manifold with K&N, raised exhaust  ports and transfer port custom blending, and an Accel rev limiter.

Can you say wheelies?

It comes on the pipe about 5500 or six thousand but cuts out at about 97 so the Power Band as usual is tight but it's so light and sound so good and looks even better, the paints perfect.  It's one I'm not going to let get away like my pristine 72 Kawasaki Mach 4 KZ 750 triple that was tricked out.

10 minutes ago, Tripletrouble said:

Or the red and black 250 or the red white 200....

Pretty sure one of my pals had a red and black RD250, I didn't pay a huge lot of attention when they all first got into bikes.

5 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

To my knowledge, in the US the only 76/77 Yamaha that was red was the RD400.

Had a friend with a blue RD400,  he crashed it on a right hand junction, and it slid right under a parked police car, which didn't go down very well with the 2 officers sitting inside.
How we laughed. He never rode a bike again.

9 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

To my knowledge, in the US the only 76/77 Yamaha that was red was the RD400.

Thought Americans hated the ‘Reds’ at that time. Ironic to say the least. Yes, you could be right about that, just basing it on what I remember from the day in Uk

Edited by Tripletrouble