FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member

Taking the FJ out today but after de-mothballing my beautiful, classic 98 VTR, I had to run some gas through it yesterday. 

It's not as bad getting on and off as the FJ because the saddle is lower (until I have my back fixed next month, finally!). However, the reason I bought the FJ is because of it's sit up and beg posture.  The VTR, with it's much lower clip-on bars (which I replaced 3 times with successively taller units each time, the last +3.5"!), is really hard on my herniated C5/6, which unfortunately will have to wait until winter for their turn under the knife.

So VTR rides will continue to be few and far between.  But even with 111,000 miles on it by my own right wrist, and with it's dated suspension and carburetors, it can still leave an FJ in it's dust on the straights and through the twisties!

20210403_185543.thumb.jpg.7b0946512020ef6bfbc6c27c156d7e43.jpg

As it is also the Fastest Red of IT'S breed!

20210403_185652.jpg

20210403_185640.jpg

20210403_185627.jpg

20210403_142426.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Rode 400 curvy miles in sunny southern Ohio today.  Stopped for lunch at the Reedsville Locks and Dam on the Ohio River.  Watched a tanker barge go through the locks and rode on downstream to find three breakaway barges attracting several amateur photo journalists.

reedsville.jpg

barge 1.jpg

• Like 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

Short trip south today with my buddy and his Street Triple. Took a rest break at the National Museum of the Marine Corps and traded bikes for a little while. Security didn’t seem to enjoy our two loops around the parking lot but we were able to snap a picture.

466120A5-3C80-42D1-B9CD-193FE06E96C6.jpeg

• Thumbsup 4

On 4/4/2021 at 10:03 PM, duhg said:

Rode 400 curvy miles in sunny southern Ohio today.  Stopped for lunch at the Reedsville Locks and Dam on the Ohio River.  Watched a tanker barge go through the locks and rode on downstream to find three breakaway barges attracting several amateur photo journalists.

reedsville.jpg

barge 1.jpg

400 miles? That’s pretty good run in my book...planning to do the same this coming Saturday here in Ontario.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Rick123 said:

400 miles? That’s pretty good run in my book...planning to do the same this coming Saturday here in Ontario.

It's early in the season for that kind of mileage, speaking only for myself.  I felt great doing it, but was worn out later that evening.

• Thumbsup 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

On 4/9/2021 at 6:35 PM, duhg said:

It's early in the season for that kind of mileage, speaking only for myself.  I felt great doing it, but was worn out later that evening.

Yes it is early but the weather is surprisingly good so why not to ride. 4500 km (2800 miles) this year already 😀.

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 1

On 4/9/2021 at 6:35 PM, duhg said:

Yes it is early but the weather is surprisingly good so way not to ride. 4500 km (2800 miles) this year already 😀. Another beautiful day last Saturday 20-25C entire day. 12 hours on the road and another 850km...A636650F-206D-40A2-9759-35D09EC34962.thumb.png.ed33cb9a7e2ad2d923e35f91046e3054.png

• Thumbsup 1

Got out today  first time with my "new to me" Shad 23 bags. Yes I  de-badged them. Looks better. Great to finally have bags again since the ST1300.

Now the tail looks fine and why I left it alone.

Was going to stay out for 5 hours but rain chased me home. According to the weather it wasn't supposed to. 😡

20210419_133647.jpg

20210419_134506.jpg

20210419_134839.jpg

20210419_141036.jpg

Edited by peteinpa
  • Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Last Sunday, taking an ice cream break near the return leg of a balmy ride on the twisties between the hundreds of little lakes created by the mile high glaciers that ravaged Wisconsin eons ago.

Photo taken in downtown Palmyra, where hot food is available (if you time it right), along with drinks and most importantly, E0 91~93 octane!!

While ice cream is good, I prefer frozen custard, like at Adrian's in Burlington (sadly no E0 available there).  On hot summer days we flit from frozen custard to frozen custard joint (keeps the toggs fitting well if you buy up), rather than from tavern to tavern like the majority of the bar & shield riders that obviously dominate the state.

The photo's caption is "The Reds have it", and I don't mean commies.

2021-04-18 The Reds Have It.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member

Peteinpa

There's something to be said for the advantage of top loading panniers, though the Shad SH36 ( and others) have a shelf with a lip on the inner half that helps support the contents so they don't tumble out when the outer half clamshell is lowered.

I don't know if I've asked before but is that a Cycle Guys pillion bag you have, and if so do you know which exact model it is?

Thx