FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, betoney said:

Lol, and not to rub it in but in 2 weeks I'm going on my 6th road trip* this season... just sayin' 😎

*3 days of twisiy mountain riding that I'm calling the "7-Pass Ride".  I'm staying in Washington state and riding over Stevens, Loup Loup, Wauconda, Disautel, Sherman, Blewett and White Passes.

Let the hate continue... 😎👍

I fart in your general direction!!!

Monty Python, "In Search of the Holy Grail".

• Haha 2

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, fjray said:

Now I  hate you too.  I live in flat straight roads northern Indiana and have to truck down to the smokies over 500 miles  before I get to roads worth unloading the bike. 

I will admit, as a motorcyclist living in the Pacific Northwest, I am VERY spoiled/ blessed/ fortunate.  Those living in Wa, Or and Ca all have the same tough decisions of “which awesome road do I ride today?”

• Thumbsup 4

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, betoney said:

I will admit, as a motorcyclist living in the Pacific Northwest, I am VERY spoiled/ blessed/ fortunate.  Those living in Wa, Or and Ca all have the same tough decisions of “which awesome road do I ride today?”

From what I've seen of the pics from these areas described they all look absolutely fantastic.  I particularly like the scenery of the PNW.  One day.... one day.........

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

From what I've seen of the pics from these areas described they all look absolutely fantastic.  I particularly like the scenery of the PNW.  One day.... one day.........

And not many critters that would kill you versus the myriad of dozens that would love to in your parts!  In the PNW there's maybe one snake, a bear or two, and a bobcat that could pose a threat, and unless you're really dumb, they instead usually avoid contact if not cornered or provoked.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, nhchris said:

But they got BIGFOOT out there.

Ha. We have Bigfoot's cousin over here.  The Yowie.

11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

And not many critters that would kill you versus the myriad of dozens that would love to in your parts!  In the PNW there's maybe one snake, a bear or two, and a bobcat that could pose a threat, and unless you're really dumb, they instead usually avoid contact if not cornered or provoked.

The curious thing is when I hear "a bear or two and a Bobcat" I get nervous, but have no qualms about travelling around my own back yard.  I think it's about individual perception based on stories we have heard.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Lolo,

Beautiful!

Nice 15 fastest red!

But you need to get some panniers, tail bag and/or top case.

Back packs may be ok when you're young but can kill you literally if not also figuratively.

I have Givi sidebags but wound up just packing the backpack. is there something dangerous about strapping the bag down how I did or are you just referring to back issues? It looked/felt pretty secure, I unbuckled the arm straps and had them tightened down and routed through the grab bar, then threw a bungee net over the top.

it was an amazing ride. got a bad flat (extreme valve stem leak at the base, and on a sunday none the less) on the way home but a great local shop (Sonora Custom Cycles) took care of me. the owner came in on his day off and got my tire fixed up.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I could not tell if you were wearing the pack or fixing it on your bike because in 4 of your photos it was off your pillion.  A pack not specifically designed to be fixed to the bike can be tricky to attach.  A sudden shift or popped strap getting into the rear wheel can be not a good thing.  Wearing such a large pack can significantly increase fatigue and thus loss of concentration, especially in hot weather; and is not good for your neck, arm, shoulder and back muscles in the long term.  Aerodynamics come into play as well, good and bad during cross winds,

In my "yute" I remember riding the same roads albeit MUCH slower on my 1959 BSA B33 500 single; it did have telescopic forks and plunger rear suspension, with an alternator and coil ignition rather than a Lucas Prince of Darkness magneto!  I did bungee my army back pack & sleeping bag to the pillion too.  Later I upgraded to a 61 BSA Gold Star Catalina 500 in a Rickman-Matisse frame.  What a  super singe that was!

I still easily recall the visual beauty and especially the woodsy aromas of the area, and camping out one time near Polly Dome on the 4th of July.  Coincidentally that night I was within sight and earshot of a group of Hell's Angels; who nicely left me alone because I was on British iron.  They then and are still not fans of Asian bikes to say the least!  But my fav 500 single was my also similar color fastest red cafe'd-out 61 Matchless G80CS to which I adapted a Mikuni carb!  In the mountains a year later in San Diego county tearing up to Mt. Palomar it was a magic carpet ride (see my profile pic).

BTW, Do you have the aluminum 85 degree valve stems?  If not, they're recommended, as they are more durable and greatly ease checking pressure. 

• 2 weeks later...